or Connect

Posts by toothsomesound

booogreat fit nn, only thing i'd say is go no belt for pure slop steeze
I'd argue things that fit in an oversized way can and do flatter the body. Sure, sometimes the outfit can overtake the person; of course the same effect can happen with more fitted clothing, though I suppose since we are more accustomed to things that aren't dramatically oversized you could argue that might happen less frequently. I don't really think it can be quantified though...in fact I'd say lots of people on this forum wear fitted clothes that are pretty unnatural...
^ it's increasingly rare to hear this perspective but I'd love to understand; what do you think makes clothes that fit closer to the body inherently better or more preferable to those that don't?
@goldentribe there is an endless quantity of 'nice' clothing in the world. I like fashion to at least try to say something, what Michael Bastian says is of no interest to me and is frankly pretty gross. the kanye collection has some kind of fun outerwear pieces; kind of like Geller x Raf with a different application of textiles...
@fistinyoface haha I totally forgot about that. it's true that I'm a fan of his persona and his music...do I think he's a good fashion designer? Not at all. But again, I like the ideas in this collection more than I like the ideas behind Todd Snyder et al. I guess you could try to argue that he's just 'parroting' or rehashing other stuff but I again, not the worst stuff to be rehashing.
I actually don't think it's that bad apart from the spanx stuff. In fact I actually think people here would like it if it were a noname designer. It's not really that much more Raf derivative than anything else these days (and probably less so than a brand like Komakino which basically just exists as Raf homage). I'd rather have this in the public conscious a thousand times over fucking Todd Snyder or Michael Kors or Michael Bastian.
palace x adidas undisputed internet fashion copy champs. I actually like that collab but I definitely clicked every single product just to read all the copy. edit: ah just seeing new season is up...copy slightly less great than last season probably cuz i was expecting it
^no, I think democratizing fashion is both the business/supply side of fashion and the fickleness of the consumer. Don't make the mistake of thinking that stuff like Jil Sander and Frank Leder or even Patrik Ervell actually succeeds consistently at the retail level. I do think what Vfiles does is a kind of democratization. Obviously between you (Sip) me and Fok we all have fairly different perspectives on this. I was writing something very long and rambling about this...
worked for pattie for two years. now i work at a showroom.
^ agree 100%. you know I love and collect Issey, but his work is not really driven by combining luxury fabric and traditional tailoring. it's pattern making and fabric exploration pushing into his silhouettes.