or Connect

Posts by grenadine

Quote: Originally Posted by bluemagic They'll send you replacement buttons I'm sure. Thanks for the tip. While we are on the topic of this coat, what is the purpose of the internal strap secured to the right armpit? It looks like it is supposed to attach to the button on the deep lower right internal pocket, possibly to secure something?
Quote: Originally Posted by bluemagic Anyone else experienced something similar? Yep. They haven't quite entirely crumbled yet but on the back side of two of the large front buttons it feels like somebody has sanded them with course sandpaper. I just noticed this after putting it through a cold delicate wash. If I run my thumb across it smalls sandy bits will come off. I got this one off ebay. Was new w/ tags but had the label marked out...
I just ordered the Alden 932. I looked around quite a bit and came up with zilch other than the 932 and 935. AE has nothing other than a patent leather model. I couldn't find the Grenson Rose model mentioned on pediwear or ebay. It seems there is extremely low interest in plain toe balmorals as I was only able to find exactly one photo of the 932 or 935 that wasn't an alden stock photo. Lots of plain toe everything except for bals. Unless you want to pay for the Lobb...
IMO, you need to be thinking in terms of growing it for months, not weeks. Your hair simply can't stand straight out forever. The longer it gets the greater the weight on the hair shaft and at some point it will have to bend. Either you end up w/ long straight hair or anything from curly to fro. In terms of products, I am a huge fan of Sebastian Potion 9 wearable conditioner. It's readily available at many supermarkets, salons or even Amazon. To my knowledge it is...
In the case of your better designer frames that are "Made in Japan", who is actually doing the manufacturing? My guess would be that there are one or two companies that are actually doing the designing and fabrication and then offer a given designer exclusivity on a particular model. Is this accurate?
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart basically the same as JtG...the only difference is that I think Warrior's no longer has the tartan lining to the edge of zipper, it stops about a couple centimeters shy of the edge. One other minor difference, according to comments on Warrior's site, is that their version lacks an inner pocket(inside left breast) whereas JtG's version does have said pocket. In case anyone cares, JtG's outer shell is 65%...
What you don't need is a haircut. There is nothing there to work with at the moment unless you want to shave it. Continue to have your sideburns/neck cleaned up regularly by whoever cuts your hair so you don't look like a slob but let it grow until it as at least as long as that tennis player's and then come back with more pics. The way your hair lays will change as it grows and right now it is a bit hard to tell what it's true nature is with that young republican...
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldsnap ^ the stars are so fem 3666 Slightly different sans stars for +$3.
Zenni 2204 Comes in four colors. Cheap as hell. I bought a couple pairs of these as prescription sunglasses with a 50% brown tint at ~$20 shipped. Most brick and morter optical stores today seem determined to only sell you polarized 80% tint and I really don't like my sunglasses to be that dark. Prescription was dead on in one of the pairs and slightly weird in the other. Go figure. You could likely just order these w/ the prescription field left blank. I also have...
I was hoping somebody might be able to point me towards some frames similar to the Paul Smith PS-437. (Oliver People's Paul Smith site has been broken for some time so that's the only link I could find.) Unfortunately the only store in my city that carries the Paul Smith line also carries a line of sleazy used car salesman opticians that I don't want to deal with. I'd like to see if I have other options. I'm specifically looking for something like a smoked/demi grey,...