or Connect

Posts by hypersonic

I don't know what your budget is but I rather like this: UPHOLSTERED ROSEWOOD CHAISE LONGUE, CIRCA 1938 BY JEAN ROYÈRE
Quote: Originally Posted by GlenCoe I like old computer and office equipment too. These By Ettore Sottsass
^ I have posted tons of rare design objects -- the problem is many examples cost more than a luxury car. The Market for 'Design Art' has taken a hit from the global downturn -- but prices for contemporary works by Marc Newson, Studio Job, Zaha Hadid, Ron Arad, Joris Laarman, as well as the rarest of mid-century furniture remain extremely high.
Thonet 209
Fantastic. Thanks for posting it.
I love Italian cars ...I would prefer a Maserati to that Lancia. Ferrari is my favourite.
Quote: Originally Posted by radicaldog The Rolls, Maybach and Bentley are in fact just kitsch status symbols. The Bugatti is an aesthete's luxury toy first and foremost. For getting around comfortably and tastefully, just give me a VW Phaeton, a Citroen C6, or a Lancia Thesis--and a good driver. Even Audis are just middle class tacky trophies these days. Yeah, I guess most post-war Rolls-Royces have verged on kitsch -- but hey, they are...
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenHero Aston Martin db4. I know nothing about cars but of all the British labels I find Aston Martin most appealing. I have no idea if that view could be reinforced by technical superiority. If someone says Bentleys are better cars I'd just believe them. Oops ... an Aston, it is very nice.
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenHero Gorgeous -- it is a Ferrari right?
Quote: Originally Posted by celery You don't buy these cars if you have taste. You buy these cars if you have money. A lot. Ha ha ...yes, I think you're correct. But that is not to say that to own one is to have no taste. Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt They are all vile. It reminds me of a story I once heard: Elizabeth Taylor was wearing a necklace set with a particularly large diamond; a guest remarked on...