or Connect

Posts by luk-cha

with regards to the flat feel, having live in Asia for 16 years, i'd say 90% of the locals i have met have flat feet, and the bespoke makers i have spoke over the years too, also say the same, but not to generalise too much!from the pictures you posted it is hard to tell how contoured they are, but looking at the clev shoes on this site id say your feet are similar http://cobblersweb.style.coocan.jp/bespoke/bespoke_shoemaker/cleverley.htm but if you compare the fosters...
too many straight lines in the last, no curve or contours, which for me makes them look quite shapeless and very generic RTW feel to them IMO - the lobbs have a more defined shape, also look at them and compare them to the japanese bespoke shoe thread, any of the shoes in there, and id guess most of those shoes too are made for folks with flat feet too.also i am not a fan of how they have done the side seam too, if they can do seamless then which is fine, because i know...
this look miles more bespoke than those cleverleys just posted
that leather is sooooo nice!
what a great rational for accept sub-standard good's, rather you than me!
no only are those spot are an issue, look how they have creased - aweful, some of the worse leather i have ever seen!
i have always wondered what it would look like to burnish in dark brown other than black on their crust navy????
it would depend on the shoe and the design, for the chukka or derbys id just use cream, but if it was a cap toe i would use wax and mirror shine it, a wing tip, then well it would depend on the occasion maybe just wax or i might go with a mirrow shine.i also am not a fan of mirror shines on plain fronts too
there is one that is or has more antiquing is a crust leather, which is similur to EG's and will over time gain a great patina, the other is aniline which is your more normally dyed leather, flatter in its depth but easier to maintain than crust IMO
best to look on bespoke englands tumblr