or Connect

Posts by well-kept

The cobbler on Madison between 80th and 81st, west side of the street, is named Phil. He does all my repairs and I trust him. He'll be straight with you about what he can or can't do.
It depends on the shoe. Some loafers without heel counters, for example, will be stretched. You'll be able to see what's happening and act accordingly.
Thought about this today as I walked outside and through the wet lawn wearing tan-colored shoes. They got wet, of course, but the water spots dried completely once inside. It's a different matter in city puddles so it may indeed be something other than water in the puddle that leaves the stain. Perhaps different things in different puddles. Personally I wouldn't soak good shoes to try to clean them.
Have had similar water stains on a couple of pairs of very good shoes. What took care of it? Time. Plenty. Two years in the case of the handgrade C&Js. Almost five years on the Lobbs and it's still slightly visible. I'll watch this thread with interest to see if anyone has better luck.
Have you tried putting them in the sun?
Looked at several recently-made labeled C&J. They all have a two-digit-one-letter code, as in "87D", unrelated to size or width.
The soles are the standard English Dainite - same as Edward Green and C&J use. The interior hand markings read : 87D 06632 11 1/2 347-1315 MADE IN ENGLAND The pads under the heel cover appear to be the same 3-lobed kind used by C&J. Thanks for any help.
Just purchased a new pair of older stock Peal BB chukkas in pebble grain with a Dainite sole. The interior hand marking are unfamiliar to me and differ from my older BB Peals. As there are no heel nails I can't tell the maker. Anyone know if these are C&J or Sargents?
Anyone noticed? No new pic today. Personally, I've been enjoying them.
The eyes follow the brand but the feet follow the last. Just think about which of your shoes get worn the most. I'm guessing it will be those that fit you most closely. It's true for me.