or Connect

Posts by well-kept

PV, yes, they are EGs, made at the same time as the Peals, on a different last.
Quote: Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 These are very common business shoes for lawyers in Los Angeles. This is the definitive reply.
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl you're welcome. you have a new friend from now on. ps: i hope, i don't find any negative comments from you. i have spotted some already, though. You have just illustrated my point with great clarity.
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl so tell me please. Any time. You're consistently negative. I'm far from the first to point it out.
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl what seems to be a problem for you. The problem is that "Impatience can be a pity' is a negative, critical, judgemental and entirely meaningless statement in this context.
Quote: Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me. it was supposed to be a metaphor for the argument becoming a dead horse. my apologies, i'll edit out the image. Thanks. I did the same.
Quote: Originally Posted by PhiloVance IrateCustomer - yes, i think you're right that its a quantity designation. I think I have these on another old pair as well but I'll need to take another look when I get home. EGs from the early 80s and before had the small number above the other markings. It was explained to me that it signifies the number of pairs made of that model and color in that size, during that particular run. The bottom...
AE has over the years re-used names for different models. Go figure.
Deleted
Interesting to see in the specs that EG used wooden shanks. And those laces - "flat cotton' - might have been original, or at least faithful to the originals.