or Connect

Posts by well-kept

^ They're probably mid-80s. Very nice find.
The elongated lower-case typface is the logo of Alfred Dunhill, designed early 20th c to resemble the shape of pipes, which were their original product. Dunhill London is Alfred Dunhill. There was a NY custom tailor named Dunhill's. I believe Alfred Dunhill bought them up several decades ago to rid the market of name confusion.
Confirmed C&J. I just compared the inner marks to a marked pair of C&J I own, made in the late 60s. The numbers are consistent.
The inner numerical marking strongly indicates Cheney. The quality of the sole and heel work is far better than any Cheney I have seen, making C&J a possibility. A nice find.
PV, yes, they are EGs, made at the same time as the Peals, on a different last.
Quote: Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 These are very common business shoes for lawyers in Los Angeles. This is the definitive reply.
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl you're welcome. you have a new friend from now on. ps: i hope, i don't find any negative comments from you. i have spotted some already, though. You have just illustrated my point with great clarity.
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl so tell me please. Any time. You're consistently negative. I'm far from the first to point it out.
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl what seems to be a problem for you. The problem is that "Impatience can be a pity' is a negative, critical, judgemental and entirely meaningless statement in this context.
Quote: Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me. it was supposed to be a metaphor for the argument becoming a dead horse. my apologies, i'll edit out the image. Thanks. I did the same.