or Connect

Posts by well-kept

How do you fit both legs into one pant leg like that???Kidding. Nice shoes.
Hmm. I own a blue harness leather belt, a nice object. I have worn it exactly zero times because it doesn't go with anything. Maybe faded black shoes and jeans? Any enlightenment welcome.
Yes, too much. It's also brain-dead on the part of the store's staff. Once the photos were sent, you've got them to download, distribute or... sell to the Metropolitan Museum. What are they afraid of??
Brooks English were made by several manufacturers over the years. If they have a European size they are almost certainly made by Cheaney. Not bad, not great.
Direct sunlight will lighten anything. I don't think you'll need to wait a year to see results. You will need to turn the shoes so that exposure is relatively even. It's a safer method than acetone or bleach. Be sure to condition periodically.
Well, yes, those are C&J. 224 last. That's how all C&Js for BB are hand-marked. Model number followed by size. Below that is the last #. They've done them this way for at least 20 years. Also the nomenclature typeface on the heel pad is C&Js. AS uses a different, more elongated typeface.
They are C&J on the 224 last which generally fits true-to-size. AS Peals are marked in an entirely different way from C&Js.
If AE can do it, Alden could, in theory, also do it. But the numbering is the least of Alden's quirks. More dire is that many, if not most, of their lasts bear little relation to the shape of a human foot. Complaints are so standard that we can all recite them. Too wide, too narrow, too shallow, and so on. Amazing to me that a company that takes pride in their product doesn't make an effort to listen to their most devoted clients.
93605 is the Imperial Burgundy Shell Longwing. Yes, a good line. They used different colors of ink for the markings, no great meaning there. Production number indicates late 70s or so.
Must be the full moon.