or Connect

Posts by classicgrey

A goofy little video about how to catch big brown trout. http://www.voki.com/pickup.php?scid=9446990&height=267&width=200
A recent video I made demonstrating how to remove a fish hook that is stuck in your skin. Hopefully you find it useful. Most of us that have been fishing awhile have had this happen at some point, and it's nice to know how to take care of it without a trip to the doctor.
Lefty, In all seriousness, that's a great idea for a video. Go for it! You obviously have thoughts on what would make a great ff video. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I'd be happy to help you promote it too. By the way, both The Fiberglass Manifesto and Orvis posted my video on their sites. I'm incredibly excited right now.
Cool. Let me know when you have a video to watch.
No, I'd actually like to see one of your fly fishing videos. You seem to have a pretty unique perspective, and I'd love your help.
Lefty, Do have any fly fishing videos of your own that I can take a look at to see exactly what I should be doing? It would be helpful. Thanks for all the great tips.
Woolly buggers became one of my favorite trout flies over the last week. Recent rain meant water clarity was poor. A bigger offering that was easier for trout to locate was just what they wanted. One of the best things about woolly buggers is how versatile they are. They can be drifted, stripped, twitched, swung, and fished down and across. They’re effective in sizes 2-12. You can catch stocker trout or big wild fish. Everyone knows that big brown trout are nocturnal...
Four Questions with Jene Hughes. Taken from my blog, Rod and Rivet. A couple years ago I went trout fishing in Iowa for the first time. My boss / fishing buddy took me over to the Second Avenue Bait Shop in Des Moines and told me to buy this book called “Iowa Trout Streams” by Jene Hughes. He being my boss I did as I was told. It turned out to be a good decision. Now, whenever friends ask me about trout fishing in Iowa, I always mention the book. Last month Jene spoke...
Filson has a cool story up on their website about fishing the Driftless Area in Iowa. It's extra special for me because I'm part of the story. Filson Life