or Connect

Posts by zeero3

I would think if choosing blackwatch trousers, that would be the only thing to be different from traditional black tie. I'd venture to guess that wearing a blackwatch bowtie might look passable, but it would border on the "matchy/costumey" side of things. My vote is to stick with a traditional black bow tie.
Are you a 38R???
Finally purchased a tuxedo that fits me. I think the hardest purchase now will be the shirt. I'd like to hear opinions on pros/cons for both the pleat front shirt and the marcella shirt. From what I gather, the marcella is the dressier of the two, but would likely be harder to have made up as the bib would need to end at the proper point. The pleat front shirt seems much more comfortable but less formal. I'm sure both are acceptable, but I'd really love to hear some...
This thread has tanked yet again....
Polo III model 100% cashmere sport coat, made in Italy by Corneliani. This jacket is tagged a 40 but measurements indicate a shorter, smaller fit. The cloth is a very very soft cashmere twill with a flannel finish in tan with a brown windowpane. Two-button fastening, side vents, ticket pocket, pick-stitching on lapels, four-button cuffs, fully-lined in bemberg. $145 + $12 Domestic US shipping. International shipping is $27 anywhere. The tag states 40R but measurements...
Any update on the progress of the shirts?
Originally $5295. Purchased for a deal, hoping to shorten the jacket length. Tailor let me know pockets would be too low after that alteration. Suffice it to say I'm taking a loss. Have not listed on eBay yet. Please forgive amateurish photos. This is now beyond a steal... Price drop history: $1970 $1750 $1650 $1600 $1550 $1500 $1450 $1400 $1350 $1300 This tuxedo is the best I've personally ever seen in terms of both hand-worked quality you would expect from...
So that's where the last regimental #3 went eh? Had to change my order, but I actually found another that I'm hoping I will like just as much, if not more. The #3 looks good....
I have that tie, but not from Kent Wang. I did, however, wear Kent Wang's shepherd check tie at my own wedding. That glen plaid tie from KW would be perfect.
Crazy question: Is the chair you sit in at work fabric or leather? The reason I ask is that if it's fabric, you could be getting much more friction when slowly sliding down or scooting up in the chair.