or Connect

Posts by zeero3

Extremely interesting!
Mr. Six: Funny you posted Foo's photo in comparison to yours, because I did the same thing! I remembered the larger scale neat tie, and was going back and forth trying to figure out why his worked well and yours didn't. I can't put my finger on it, but I definitely think yours doesn't work nearly as well.
I agree with this. For #5, I feel like this should all work, and it isn't bad, I just can't put my finger on why this doesn't work like I think it should.
I was under the impression a 2.5 - 2.75 in square tipped knit was practically ideal. Are 3.25 - 3.5 in knits now coming in to vogue?
I'm referring to my tux (in my sig). My attempt at a joke that it must be because the tux has peak lapels that it hasn't sold even though the price has been lowered a ton.
Ah, now I know why the tux won't sell!
If anyone that fits it is interested, I'm selling a truly beautiful 38R tuxedo (see signature). If it's in bad taste to be cross-posting here, let me know and I'll remove the post. Price is getting too low not to put on eBay....
I would think if choosing blackwatch trousers, that would be the only thing to be different from traditional black tie. I'd venture to guess that wearing a blackwatch bowtie might look passable, but it would border on the "matchy/costumey" side of things. My vote is to stick with a traditional black bow tie.
Are you a 38R???
Finally purchased a tuxedo that fits me. I think the hardest purchase now will be the shirt. I'd like to hear opinions on pros/cons for both the pleat front shirt and the marcella shirt. From what I gather, the marcella is the dressier of the two, but would likely be harder to have made up as the bib would need to end at the proper point. The pleat front shirt seems much more comfortable but less formal. I'm sure both are acceptable, but I'd really love to hear some...