or Connect

Posts by Freerider

Quote: Originally Posted by imageWIS Yes, but the most important snob to be is an intellectual snob, because you can't fake it. And you unlike money, you can't earn it later on. Jon. I am a poor intellectual snob? In fact, you are right. Wish I had your pesos.
In a way, we are all snobs.
Come on, he looks great. Good fit, very good color coordination.
Boris, so British:
Concerning bespoke (or MTM) Jermyn Street shirts, this it what I have picked up: Harvie & Hudson: Cut on Jermyn Street Emma Willis: Cut & sewn at Raynes & Sturges outside London Hilditch & Key: Cut & sewn at factory in Scotland Budd: Cut on Jermyn Street Turnbull & Asser: Cut & sewn at factory outside London New & Lingwood: ??
Quote: Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II The 4th pink from the left is outstanding. If that is a custom shirt, can you please tell me what book that fabric is from? I believe it's from Alumo.
Pink and blue folded on the bed
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton What makes you think I don't already have one? That would reveal your adoration.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton BTW, if you must wrestle with a gay guy, make it one of the West Village dudes. The Chelsea boys are really strong. They must spend all day in the gym. The Village guys are weaklings by comparison. Tom Wolfe wannabe, write a loooong socio-book and get yourself a white flannel suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton But I DO know that certain items of tailored clothing are widely considered GAY. Fair? True? Maybe not. But we all must deal with the world as we find it, not as we wish it to be, and this prejudice is out there. So let me help you learn to avoid it. Why should we avoid it? Playing with prejudices/rules is a good start for elegant dressing.