or Connect

Posts by tjc4golf

New Allen-Edmonds - Mora in Brown Suede Seller has sizes. Link is to a 10D. $129 BIN or <$100 with Live Cashback... less than they generally go for on B&S. Seller also has Mora in other sizes. Not a fan of the suede. Otherwise they'd be mine. http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Allen-Edmond...QQcmdZViewItem
ProfessorShak, I'm not in a position entirely different from your nephew's. I'm a few years out of school but still don't have the money to spend on clothes that many here do. And my company was recently acquired by a company that is business formal so I need to purchase a few suits. Here's what I've learned about buying a quality suit on a budget: Live.com Cashback: Shop on eBay and save 25% on Buy It Now purchases. If you're not familiar with this there are many...
Yes, I have some fancy leather, cashmere lined gloves but lately I've been wearing two pairs of gloves I picked up at H&M on the cheap ($5 for a 2pack; a brown pair and a black pair). I believe they're acrylic and lycra but I'm not sure. I like them because many days (especially living in DC) you don't need a heavier glove, you can still phone/text/blackberry with the gloves on, you don't have to worry about losing them and I love the simple, classic styling. I like...
Are the terms oxford and balmoral interchangeable or is there a distinction? Same questions for blucher/derby. I am aware that oxfords are more formal/dressier than bluchers. I am also aware that the more detailing a shoe has the less formal/dressier it is (i.e. a plain toe is dressier than a cap toe, a shoe without brouging is dressier than a shoe with brouging, etc). However, it seems that from what I have gathered here, an oxford is always dressier than a blucher....
I'm very picky (I used to rent a Phillycarshare car and drive 30+ minutes each way out to Adolf Biecker in Wayne for haircuts) and can highly recommend Groom @ 1324 Locust Street. Ask for Joe (he's the owner and does a great job). Cost is $24. You'll need to call ahead for an appointment; the number is 215-545-2626.
I got a pair of vintage Cole Haan wingtips off eBay awhile ago. I'd appreciate the help of the SF community in (1) identifying and (2) restoring them (for clarification, I would be outsourcing the work). Identification: The insoles indicate that they were made in England, the outsoles indicate that they are hand lasted and there is the number 807 inside the shoe next to the size (possibly a last #?). I've checked the nail pattern against the database here but could...