or Connect

Posts by Dragon

Good thread...I have been thinking about this stuff lately too and think it all leads to artificial intelligence. Collecting search and browsing data is probably the most powerful, but add in other sources like Facebook and Twitter and you can probably get a pretty accurate blueprint of the human mind.
I don't think you have to master so many types of martial arts and aim to be a complete fighter. 99% of people don't have any fighting skills so just taking lessons of any type should be enough to defend and avoid a situation. I'm not sure about your reasoning though...to me it sounds similar to people who spend so much time and effort in the gym to gain muscle to cover up their insecurities. If they just spent even half of the time and effort they spend in the gym to...
I see...that makes sense.
I may be wrong, but I think I heard commentary during the last race saying that Haas might go with Dallara to design/construct the chassis. So my impression is that they are basically very similar to an Indy Car or Japanese top formula team which buys the chassis from someone like Dallara, buys the rest of the parts from different suppliers, then all the team does is customize/tune all these different components of the car. To me it sounds like Indy Car system of producing...
Yeah, I guess you guys are right, but it seemed in the old days customer style cars were more taboo in F1 and you were strongly criticized for not designing your own chassis. Now with Haas, it seems like they are taking it to next level and bringing in an Indy Car like system, buying everything including the chassis from other manufacturers, then just tuning the package. Isn't that what all the lower formula series do? Now that F1 is not that much faster, or not much more...
Once they go down this route, soon a team will be able to say they are a constructor if they develop their own front wing or something like that. In that case, what would make F1 any different from some of the lower formula series? Spectacle-wise F1 is not that much better than the lower cars now, so I think it's a bad idea and will lead to turning off fans in the long run. BTW - Button confirmed for 2016. Now let's see how the Red Bull engine stuff turns out...very...
It's nice to have Haas come into F1, but I agree that maybe F1 is starting a dangerous precedent by letting them buy everything from other manufacturers. Basically they are diluting the idea of F1 being a constructors champtionship and moving it more towards customer cars...which sounds like a good idea for saving escalating costs, but in the end will make F1 more and more like the lower formula series.
You just summed up exactly why it's a great idea in the eyes of politicians.
The point is the sales tax increase will be used to lower the upper bracket taxes and corporate taxes, but since the lower 50% of the population will still be paying no income tax, the politicians won't lose their votes.
IMO the trend we are seeing all over the world is to offer no income tax for 50%+ of the country in order to gain/keep votes, but somehow add on higher sales tax so that in the end everyone is paying. I think it's a good idea, because for lower income people who spend all their money, the sales tax rate indirectly becomes their income tax rate.