or Connect

Posts by Dragon

I think Japanese chopsticks are the easiest to use. The type of wood you decide is just personal preference (and perhaps formality). In my opinion, the huge difference is in the tips of the sticks. Chopsticks made by real craftsmen have slightly different tips, and it is extremely easy to pick up food. 99% of chopsticks are probably mass made and do not compare to ones made a good craftsman. It's not really how beautiful they make the decoration, but how good they carve...
The large gap between Hamilton - Button, Alonso - Massa, Rosberg - Shumacher is interesting.
There is no health hazard. They are made from "konyaku" potatoes. Shirataki is shaped like a noodle, but not really used like other typical noodles. It is just put in hot pots, like iammatt suggested. Konyaku is popular as a diet food in Japan though, so I guess Shirataki would be good as well. Konyaku has similar flavor and texture as shirtaki, but is more like a whole block (like tofu), rather than shaped like a noodle.
Quote: Originally Posted by Nosu3 Other animals aside from humans can be people, there is already a significant indication that dolphins and elephants are people. Of course they are a different culture and have bizarre mannerisms compared to us, but that does not disregard them as being a community of people; it's just a lack of understanding by humans since our communications are so different. Their absence of hands and arms altered their path of...
Quote: Originally Posted by KJT With what?!? I don't remember from the documentary, but after a quick search I think it might be carbon monoxide. Apparently it is common to treat fish with the chemical to maintain the freshness (or make it appear fresh).
I am no expert, but I think supplements that work directly for skincare are things like Biotin and L-Cystein. Works for healthy hair as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by Don Carlos In Tokyo, roughly 80% of the sushi I was served was just slices of fish on a stone platter (technically sashimi, I guess), and it was amazing.. I think the stone platter might have been regular pottery. Typically, earthy pottery (like Shigaraki) visually goes very well with sashimi, and I guess could look like stone. I always wondered about "sushi-grade" too. I remember watching a documentary about the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fang66 I concede that yes you can buy a 20,000 yen melon here and there are 3 star restaurants in abundance and some things here are always top notch like the seafood for example, that doesn't however excuse the general mediocraty. I think we've reached an impasse but I just want to make a couple of final comments on the topic. Firstly, availability of specialty items does not equate to catering to foreigners, we are...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fang66 It may be true that the best of the best is available in Tokyo (in some cases it is) but you have to search it out. The best of the best is available in Tokyo when it comes to restaurants or even food produce. Whether you want to pay for it or not is another story. In other major cities, even if you search it out, the best is not available. Not saying you can't find good stuff in other cities, but the variety...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alter I don't really know anything about bonsai but snapped some pics a couple days ago at a nice park in Shikoku. Thought you might be happy to see it: Very nice. Is this the Ritsurin park? I have been looking forward to visiting one day.