or Connect

Posts by Dragon

You have to keep in mind that even in a democracy there is self interest involved. It serves the self interests of the majority...which sounds like a good thing, but it is not necessarily. Not always, but usually, the majority consists of the losers (that's why they are the majority), and the winners only make up a small group (that's why they are winners). So in a democracy, you basically have a bunch of losers dictating policy, vision, and making the decisions if they...
You said it better than I. When I was posting I had CART in my mind as a democratic example, as I was a fan of CART back in the day.
I don't know if any of the things you've described really have much do with the leadership system though (dictatorship vs democracy). To me, it sounds like you are complaining more about the current rules which is not under Bernie's control (directly), and also the current dominance of Mercedes...which really is not much different than the Senna/Prost era. F1 will never be like DTM or MotoGP and it never was even when it was exciting. The teams/cars were never close like...
I don't think it's the system that's superior (partnerships vs dictatorship-style)...you can have a lousy partnership as well as a lousy leader. You can also have a great partnership or a great leader. I'm not saying having a strong leader is the perfect system, but it certainly helps. Having a good democratic system is less-risky, but not necessarily superior. Also, yes DTM is much more fun to watch for a racing fan, but success-wise, F1 is far superior. DTM is only for...
Thanks for the interview link. I thought his views on democracy and leadership were actually interesting. If you come to think about it, what makes democracy a superior system...nothing really. Strong leadership is more important.
One thing I like about F1 is that they usually don't mix their political views with the sport. I like the fact that they go racing in the U.S., Russia, China, Bahrain no matter what type of government or political event going on at the time. Personally I would rather live in a democracy, but you can't really say one type of gov't is better than another....they're all the same in the end.
Well now that you've posted the defense on the internet maybe it won't work anymore
I don't think it's so much about tracking an individual, so there is little need to be paranoid unless you have something bad to hide or greatly value your privacy. The real power in collecting all this data is having the insight into human mind, what we think about, and how we think. All of this in time can be used to control our minds without us knowing.
Good thread...I have been thinking about this stuff lately too and think it all leads to artificial intelligence. Collecting search and browsing data is probably the most powerful, but add in other sources like Facebook and Twitter and you can probably get a pretty accurate blueprint of the human mind.
I don't think you have to master so many types of martial arts and aim to be a complete fighter. 99% of people don't have any fighting skills so just taking lessons of any type should be enough to defend and avoid a situation. I'm not sure about your reasoning though...to me it sounds similar to people who spend so much time and effort in the gym to gain muscle to cover up their insecurities. If they just spent even half of the time and effort they spend in the gym to...