or Connect

Posts by Dragon

Not a problem for me this time, because the race was a bit boring, so I watched at 1.5x speed and the cars looked much better
I'm not so sure Rosberg is actually on top of Hamilton speed-wise. The .5sec gap in Q2 could have been due to problems with Hamilton's car, and up until that point Hamilton was consistently faster than Nico. Also if you look at past qualifying so far this season Hamilton was faster than Nico in all of the qualifying sessions except for one session. Even in Q1 for this race, Hamilton was faster. So if you look back at all of the qualifying sessions (excluding China and Q2...
Actually I think SoCal is one of the best places for dressing in suits because there is virtually no humidity. I never felt too hot dressed in a suit there. The temperature really doesn't matter that much when dressing, as you can just adjust the material according to the temperature. It's the humidity that's the problem so dressing in a suit in places with high humidity is actually limiting.
Not including last season when it didn't matter, Hamilton is 2-0 in qualifying against Nico, so unless you expect Nico to win from 2nd place all season long and Hamilton having problems with his start all season long, I don't see any difference in performance between the two. The dark force may be Vettel. He should have won Australia and judging from the sluggish start of both Mercedes drivers, he could have won Bahrain...and even if he didn't win Bahrain he should have...
If Hamilton was slower than Nico in qualifying, I think the argument that he has peaked could be true, but actually it seems Hamilton is back to form with the new season start. Remember he qualified ahead of Nico by a pretty big margin in Australia, and edged out Nico under pressure in Bahrain (in other words, he's faster than Nico). The 2 loses in the races are all just down to the start/clutch not working as planned for Hamilton, and not really reflecting his actual race...
I agree. At the end of last year, Nico was beating Lewis in qualifying and the race. Now Lewis is back to form in qualifying, but it's just the start/clutch that is not working so good for him.
Nice summary. Seems like we can guess that Mercedes is still in a very good position, Haas is doing very good for a brand new team, and Mclaren are actually still towards the bottom in term of miles and speed.
Interesting they agreed upon the only part of F1 they didn't have to fix! I am sure it will mix things up since will be difficult to get the timing right for getting the laps in, fuel, etc. though.
The early feedback from Button after yesterday's test was that they made a big improvement in the deployment over the winter which as costing them about .5 sec per lap last year. Sounds promising, but I think they were about 1~2 sec slower last year compared to the top so maybe they still have a long way to go. The important thing is what F1 will decide to do for 2017. We will probably see more of the same for the 2016 season.
Exactly. Actually jeans are the most uncomfortable, made out the most coarse, stiff material you could possibly find. Usually they are worn very tight, severely restricting movement and making them even more uncomfortable. To me, the whole casual is comfortable movement is a state of mind and the people that say this actually don't realize they are usually wearing the most uncomfortable clothes. Yes, very casual can be comfortable, but even a tuxedo can be comfortable too....