or Connect

Posts by Dragon

I may be missing something, but the Desert House seems like a strange layout design. Why build in the middle of nowhere, but build the whole house around a courtyard?
I think I commented too early (right after I saw the race and not the post-race stuff). I thought Magnussen's penalty was for squeezing Alonso on the outside of Bruxelles (when Alonso raised his hand), but didn't realize it was actually for when he squeezed Alonso on the straight. I agree the squeeze on the straight was a bit dangerous.
Hamilton/Rosberg: I think it was a racing incident. When you have a chicane like corner and someone tries to pass on the outside of the first, it's safer for the car ahead not to clip the apex on the 2nd corner just in case the other car is there. It was combination of Rosberg making a point that he wont back down, and Hamilton not giving any extra space. (edit: I just had a chance to look back at the replay and it looks like Rosberg just missed judged the timing of when...
Some wagons are ridiculous just like some sedans are silly too. If you are looking to buy a sedan as a daily, there is no reason not to consider the wagon version. The only difference is how the car is shaped behind the c pillar, so if you think the car only looks cool with a trunk buy a sedan, if not the wagon is better.Most people after visiting the States are probably saying "I just got back from the U.S. and noticed they love their SUVs. They have SUV everything. They...
Lots of people in Japan have been complaining about how much weight Godzilla gained after moving to America.
I think Smart Coffee is open in the mornings, but to me the hot coffee is not as good as their iced coffee for some reason. They are also famous for their Japanese style pancakes and french toast, so maybe get breakfast with coffee. http://www.smartcoffee.jp/menuElephant Factory Coffee was pretty good when I tried it, but I'm not sure if they're open in the mornings: http://tabelog.com/kyoto/A2602/A260201/26005522/I'm not sure if you like Japanese tea, but this place is...
I've been to a few places like that too (for some reason no depth of flavor, almost flat). Sometimes it's puzzling, because it seems like they are using great beans, fresh roasted, nice pour technique, etc., but the flavor ends up flat. Maybe it's the water temperature or something? There's a place I like in Kyoto called "Smart Coffee" (very popular), but for some reason their hot coffee is not that great. I always order the iced coffee when I go there and the flavor is...
Maybe you're going to the wrong ones. Many coffee shops in Japan source high quality beans, roast them in house, and hand pour. That is pretty standard for a decent coffee shop in Japan, nothing special. Kyoto is actually pretty famous for the coffee shops and there are even guide books just for the Kyoto shops which coffee lovers use. Can coffee is more like instant coffee with chemicals mixed in.If you're still in town, try this place near Sanjo/Kawaramachi street...
you're probably not taking into consideration things like topography of the site and maximizing building space, light, views, etc.
^^ yeah, Vetttel was obviously very quick even before RBR. It's not that Vettel is slow, it's just that Ricciardo and Vettel are more evenly matched compared to former team mates. I think the time differences in this early stage are due to the cars...it depends on which car is working more at 100% vs which car may have a few small issues costing the driver some time.