or Connect

Posts by Dragon

It's nice to have Haas come into F1, but I agree that maybe F1 is starting a dangerous precedent by letting them buy everything from other manufacturers. Basically they are diluting the idea of F1 being a constructors champtionship and moving it more towards customer cars...which sounds like a good idea for saving escalating costs, but in the end will make F1 more and more like the lower formula series.
I was thinking the same thing, plus I think VW relies on China for about 20%+ of their earnings and since China is a big question mark right now it adds even more future risk.
Now the story is that Red Bull is going to sell to VW group and Red Bull will just remain as a major sponsor role, while VW will develop the engine for use around 2018. The team is now trying to get Ferrari engines to use in the meantime. That move should make an interesting mix if they can sort out the rules and details on spicing up the formula as a whole. Now we might have 5 manufacturers in F1: Mercedes Ferrari Renault Honda VW
In Japan you will see natural edge furniture all over the place, at least one in practically every grandpa's house, every traditional ryokan, or restaurant, so I think Nakashima took that and fused it with more modern designs. Combine modern with what is perceived as unique in the west made it popular. It is not unique at all in Japan, so that 's why he is not so popular, although more Japanese people buy modern furniture in comparison to people in the States.
I think it's very strange that Pirelli are saying that the tire bursts are happening because of going over curbs. I mean when you race or just drive around a circuit that's what you do...go over curbs all the time, and if that is what is causing the tires to blow up, then they need to change the way the tires are constructed, not the way they drive.I bet the reason for the lower reading was because they are just using regular pressure gauges. If you think back to when you...
That's exactly the reason I think Red Bull bringing in Audi is unlikely. The only other realistic option is to go with Mercedes.
Read an article today and Honda are saying they are actually ahead of Renault on horsepower. They believe they are similar to Ferrari, but still behind Mercedes. Very strange.
I don't understand either. They had a whole year (or more) to do whatever they wanted and they had the advantage of watching what everyone else was trying for a whole year as well. I think blaming the token system for their woes is just an excuse for a very, very bad start and even without the token restrictions they wouldn't have been able to catch up quickly anyway. Also I wonder if the Mclaren chassis itself is really any good. It wasn't that good when they were still...
The token system is obviously a big hurdle if you need to recover like Honda, but if you look at their times this year, I think they still would of been at the back of the field last year when everyone was still on their 1st year too.
That's why I said Mercedes or bring in another manufacturer. Like you said, they would rather bring in Audi or someone else so they can remain as a works team, but if that fails (or takes more time) we will probably see them running Mercedes. Either way, this RB + Renault split is going to shake things up a bit...fun to see how it goes.