or Connect

Posts by Dragon

looks like a very dated design with a bunch of unnecessary features to try to make it look cool
so they finally announced Alonso + Button lineup
Maybe a lot of luxury class cars will come equipped with hybrid, not really to save gas, but more to help out the gas engine, like the newer supercars. They could then get the great throttle response of the Tesla without having the demerits of charging limitations.
I guess that kinda looks like sushi, but I wouldn't call it sushi.
I kinda remember a few teams running 3 cars in the past. Can't remember if was exciting or not, but I think they would have to restructure the payout or else the mid to lower field teams will be pushed even lower as the top teams will have more cars. For example if the teams had 3 cars this season, you would see Mercedes 1-2-3, Williams & Red Bull fighting for 4-5-6-7-8-9, Mclaren, Ferrari fighting for 10-11-12-13-14-15 with maybe a Force India car squeezing in to one of...
So it seems like Caterham and Marussia ran out of money and will be out from next race. It sounds like the mid-lower field teams are running on fumes financially as well (like Sauber, Lotus). I don't really understand how a team like Lotus was doing pretty good a year or two ago, but still running into money problems. They were 4th in the constructors with about the same amount points as teams like Mclaren and Ferrari.
I am not 100% sure (but fairly) that the cloud style in Throne of Blood, and the 2 painting posted above from Kodaiji are in a more modern style. I doubt (but could be wrong) they are from the feudal era. Feudal era art is more in the fluid style like the byobu-e posted earlier. The more modern style starts to come around Taisho and Meiji eras I think. In some of Kyoto temples they support new upcoming artists by commissioning fusuma-e so you can see a mix of very old...
I think the room walls/doors are called "Fusuma e" (fusuma = sliding door...e=painting) and the other one is called "Byobu e." The one on the top is definitely much more modern as you can tell from the structured, minimalistic shape of the coulds. I tihnk traditionally the purpose of painting the clouds is to give the viewer the impression of seeing the painting from above, and giving an illusion of being closer to being a god. Also, it is a good way to fill blank space,...
The Kubica crash I think is a good example of all the safety design working. Seeing all those pieces exploding off the car looks horrific, but is probably a good thing (dissipates the crash energy). The Bianci crash on the other hand is a drivers worst nightmare.
I am sure Rick Perry assured exactly that and he will be sitting next to Bernie in a few weeks time.