or Connect

Posts by Dragon

I don't understand either. They had a whole year (or more) to do whatever they wanted and they had the advantage of watching what everyone else was trying for a whole year as well. I think blaming the token system for their woes is just an excuse for a very, very bad start and even without the token restrictions they wouldn't have been able to catch up quickly anyway. Also I wonder if the Mclaren chassis itself is really any good. It wasn't that good when they were still...
The token system is obviously a big hurdle if you need to recover like Honda, but if you look at their times this year, I think they still would of been at the back of the field last year when everyone was still on their 1st year too.
That's why I said Mercedes or bring in another manufacturer. Like you said, they would rather bring in Audi or someone else so they can remain as a works team, but if that fails (or takes more time) we will probably see them running Mercedes. Either way, this RB + Renault split is going to shake things up a bit...fun to see how it goes.
It's difficult to tell, but I think Red Bull will end up with Mercedes engines anyway. After Renault buys Lotus, I doubt the main choice would be to provide Renault engines for Red bull since the whole point of buying Lotus and getting back in as a works team would be to f*ck Red Bull for giving them so much bad PR this year. That leaves Red Bull with no engine supplier and I doubt they would go with Honda or Ferrari (Ferrari maybe for Torro Rosso like the old days) The...
The race was pretty good, but what's getting more interesting is the deal with Renault. I wonder what is going to happen. Will Renault buy Lotus? In that case will Red bull go with Mercedes? What about Alonso's contract? Will Alonso try to get into the RB? A lot of things can happen.
For eggs, chicken and other meats I think the labels such as "cage free" "free range" "organic" etc. are pretty much meaningless and has nothing to do with quality.
Maldonado was going crazy with the penalties I wish they would relax a bit more with the penalties when it comes to drivers running into each other though...that's part of racing and if there is no risk involved when passing/geting passed, it's no fun.
The race was exciting, but as usual it didn't seem like Williams was really going for the win. It was obvious that if Williams made their pit stop later than Mercedes, that Mercedes would under cut them on the outlap, but Williams seemed happy to just react to Mercedes' strategy. Also Williams wasted an opportunity to use Bottas as a blocking wall for Massa, and instead let them race which really bunched up the top4. Finally Williams should of split strategy when it came...
^^ lol, that's true. I was wondering about this recently since it seems Renault are seriously thinking about quitting F1, which would leave RB without an engine. Doesn't seem RB can bring in Audi, so I was wondering what they are planning in case Renault actually quits.On top of all this engine stuff, it seems like Michelin will be returning so we may have several seasons where the tire determines the winners and losers.
I think there may be too much focus on the tires when the main problem is the aero. If the cars could get closer like the Mansell era, the drivers/teams would not have the luxury of "saving" tires or cruising around because there would be more of a threat from cars behind. Currently the aero acts like a buffer/defense cushion so the cars behind can't pass unless there is a significant power difference. If there was no aero buffer, the teams would have no choice but drive...