or Connect

Posts by obiter dictum

Quote: Originally Posted by Chrispy What are the boots? http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footw...erby-boot.html Some more pictures in this post: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...57#post1856357 The leather is very nice, I'm a bit worried about the soles though. Might just be my inexperience with leather soled shoes shining through, but they seem to get frayed on the sides very easily.
Quote: Originally Posted by sci-fi-o-hi-fi Obiter, what boots/shoes are you wearing? http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...78#post1857478
Quote: Originally Posted by beansprouts1 I don't think the consensus was that its "my fault" I think the consensus was that the buyer made a mistake. Its up to me to give him a return or not, but a return is the most gracious response. I didn't mean to say that it was your fault actually, it doesn't sound like it was anybody's fault. Minimal information about the item your were selling and a less-than-intelligent buyer just combined to create a...
Crosspost from "Post pics of your denim" thread: Quote: Originally Posted by obiter dictum Crate Route, 34x37". Bought in December, cold soaked (in retrospect, should've warm soaked, cold soak is pretty pointless) before wearing. Worn most days since then. Cold machine wash about a week before taking these pictures. Not as dramatic fades as some of the experts in this thread, but I'm quite satisfied with the way they look. Great jeans by the way,...
Crate Route, 34x37". Bought in December, cold soaked (in retrospect, should've warm soaked, cold soak is pretty pointless) before wearing. Worn most days since then. Cold machine wash about a week before taking these pictures. Not as dramatic fades as some of the experts in this thread, but I'm quite satisfied with the way they look. Great jeans by the way, absolutely love them. They're not as tight fitting as they look in the second picture, something to do with the...
First WAYWT, be gentle. Sorry about the weird poses/faces/badhairday, I'm not used to taking pictures of myself. Peacoat could definitely be slimmer, but as you can see it's pretty cold here, so I need the layering space. I think I'll get a navy sized down Sterlingwear for non-layering next season!
Alright, here goes. Before I start, I should say that I've no doubt one could obtain an even shinier result with other buffing methods. Those would however take a lot more time and effort. The moist cotton ball method (MCBM) is, in my eyes, a great way of getting a reasonable mirror shine with a minimum of effort. What you need: * Cotton balls. Preferably the type that comes in one big roll. Pads will work too, but are more difficult to work with. * Shoe wax. I use Kiwi,...
Edit: Ah, you beat me to it. Good decision, good man. Quote: Originally Posted by beansprouts1 I would love to hear an actual lawyer or judicial opinion on this. Do you need a judicial opinion to do the right thing? The consensus, which I agree with, seems to be that you omitted to inform the buyer of an important feature of the item. AJL phrased it nicely: Quote: Originally Posted by AJL Most SB jackets have notch lapels; if...
Too bad, thanks for the reply.
I don't drink anyway, so that would be an easy choice.