or Connect

Posts by obiter dictum

I'm selling a pair of Alden black cordovan chukkas in size 11.5E. They've been worn regularly in a rotation (twice a week) for about a year. Recently had them restored by Alden with new half-commando soles put on. Worn 5-10 times since then, but other than needing a little polish they are in great condition (as you can see from the soles). Alden cedar shoe trees included. In my opinion these fit a full size large (especially since they're E width), but see the multiple...
I'm selling a pair of unworn, new with tags, Ande Whall Mustang jeans in size 33x38. I bought them for myself a few months ago, but sadly they didn't fit. I tried them on for a couple of minutes when I got them in the mail, but they've been lying untouched in the wrapping since then. These are great quality slim jeans. Raw sanforized selvege denim from Okayama, Japan. Handmade in New Zealand. They normally go for $245, without shipping, from the source. With shipping to...
Size up.46 CPs fit me great, but 46 MMMs fit too short (big toe hits front of toe box when walking). With both at size 46, I'd say MMMs fit about a full size shorter than CPs at the same size and perhaps a half size wider.This is terrible advice. Shoes don't stretch in length.
An often overlooked problem with most plain white tees is the fabric. White tees need a substantial weight fabric or you're just flashing nips all day long. Not a good look.
Edit: BLAAAAAGH had the page open for a while and didn't see the second page before I posted. Ignore this post.
Yeah, that coat looks awesome in the show. It's almost full length though, so there's a good chance it'd just look like a costume IRL.
Beats me. I wouldn't be surprised if they came in around the current price of a leather jacket.
I've got enough experience to say that no, it isn't. You don't have to take my word for it though, just go take a look at the CP thread. Or the baller sneakers thread. Or the Dayton clusterfuck thread...
Sizing footwear over the Internet is a whole new bag of shit, a lot worse than sizing jackets, so I wouldn't expect wonders in that department.