or Connect

Posts by rickimky

Quote: Originally Posted by Jangofett The pistachio green is nice! I would get that definitely! They had it in my size..now you're making me regret not getting... Quote: Originally Posted by uniesse Could you possibly quote the model name and last number of the C&J loafer? The loafers didn't specify a model name actually. It just said "loafers" on the box. No model name on the inside of the shoe either. Can't...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jangofett A proper report should have a description of the shoes you see, including the exotics, their prices, and even the hot SA. It should be full of pictures, including the hot SA and decription of how the day went. Haha. Unfortunately I was in a mad rush to be back in London so all I have to offer are these pictures from Barker. They had the Green captoe in many sizes. Maybe Spoo would've been...
Quote: Originally Posted by Church's Goer Definitely worth the trip north. Only costs about $60-100 to take the train north from London and you make up the savings on one shoe purchase. I will be hitting up the Church's in early September. Saw that Herring has a pair of Black Tenby's on their site in my size on clearance for ~320 quid after VAT, hopefully the factory store will have a pair of these since I can score a further discount. How was the...
Nope. Was afraid what it might do to my bank account... Maybe I'll try in September. Note to self: Bring bigger suitcase.
Thanks! The Lowndes were 180 before tax refund. As for the handgrades, I did hear that there is a separate rack with all the handgrades. Unfortunately there were none when I was there on Saturday morning. Heard they go for 250GBP. Was also told sometimes there are other brands which C&Js makes for that go for lower but didn't see any of those either. In fact, the racks for sizes 9 and 9.5 were pretty bare. I almost walked out with nothing but the kind lady there went to...
Just back from a week long trip to London. And of course, I couldn't NOT make the trip to Northampton. Visited Church's, Crockett & Jones and Barker. Tons of great info already on other similar threads so won't repeat them except perhaps an update on the prices. Church's range from 175 to 215 pounds. C&Js were 130 for loafers, 180 for others. Barker Blacks were on promotion i believe and were 130 for shoes and 150 for boots. I think I did extremely well. ...
Looking for Members with experience renting cars in London. I'm making a trip down to London in July and I'd like to go up to both Bicester Village and Northampton. After much consideration (although initially I was against renting a car), it looks like it'll be best for me to rent a car - Barker's Factory outlet is one of my must-go destinations. Personally I don't enjoy dealing with car rental companies but looks like I've no other choice so would appreciate any...
3b: 24L * 10 Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Unregistered Did you specify the last/toe shape for those? I'm really looking at getting a pair of double monks from Zees... Nope, didn't specify any last. But I did say that I wanted it elongated.
After months of wearing. Gotta say, great quality for its price. I love them but I'd agree with mrclam that I'm not sure I'd pay more to get more. Plus, I just can't seem to get over the hideous buckle. Fit is great but note that this is my second pair from zees. First pair is a tad too snug - gives the top of my toe a blister.