or Connect

Posts by rainmaker

Advice requested, thanks! - I wear a 9E in the AE 5 last that fits a bit better with a slim insole inserted. I might actually be a 8.5EE. - I just received a pair of 8.5 Hiro oxfords. I can just barely get my foot inside without laces or socks and it feels like my toes are squished. I think the Hiro last must be closer to a 5 last D width. - Do people think they will stretch adequately, or am I better off returning/selling them?
Just received size 8.5 dark brown Meermin captoe oxfords, as per the link here: https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4447 The leather and construction are amazing. Unfortunately they are probably just a bit too small for me. I wear a 9E in Allen Edmonds' 5 last (my true size maybe being a 8.5EE) and I can barely get these on. I could just flip them back to Meermin but I thought I'd check here first.
Advice requested, thanks!- I wear a 9E in the 5last that fits a bit better with a slim insole inserted. I might actually be a 8.5EE.- I just received a pair of 8.5 Hiro oxfords. I can just barely get my foot inside without laces or socks and it feels like my toes are squished. I think the Hiro last must be closer to a 5 last D width.- Do people think they will stretch adequately, or am I better off returning/selling them?
Just pulled the trigger. Thanks!
Awkwardly, I've ended up with the following as my decent dress shoes. Background, I need to wear dress shoes for work. * Walnut half brogues * Black half brogues * Oxbloodish captoe derbies Looking for recommendations for my next shoes. Thanks! I like double monks but I'm concerned I would end up finding them too dandy for my office. I'm thinking maybe a simple dark brown oxford captoe. And/or maybe black chelseas, which I could get away with at my office. /sigh, takes...
Thanks much. I'm leaning towards a double monk strap (you prefer single?) or a wholecut. Dark brown or black.
My collection of decent work shoes is as follows: walnut half brogues, black half brogues, and oxblood captoe derbies. What kind of thoughts do you guys have as to what I should do for my next pair? I guess the missing mainstream colour is a darker brown. Missing styles that come to mind would be like wholecuts, wingtips / longwings, quarter brogues, monk straps. Thanks.
No, but I'd like to. I emailed them.
Thanks! How's the fit? Do you know how that compares to the Hiro?
Looking for sizing advice: I'm about a 9E in Allen Edmonds 5 last. Recommendations seem to range from 7.5 to 8.5 in Meermin. Thanks! Meermin provided me with measurements but I have no idea how to effectively use them.