or Connect

Posts by jmswentworth

Grey Goose or Belvedere, Fresh Lime, Cointreau, Shaken with lots of ice, and topped with Perrier. The ultimate summer drink.
I know this may seem like a stupid topic, but I just cannot drink Beer. This has often lead to problems is social situations, as there are a often places which serve nothing but Beer, a collection of undrinkable sweet vile wines, or pre mixed 'Alco pops' vis Smirnoff Ice. Somehow I find the taste of beer similar to drain water.. I've tried having several whiskies before leaving the house, to try to mask the taste of the Beer, it doesn't work. Even after 4-5 whiskies, I...
Thanks Manton, the bow came out much better last night. It was'nt too hot, but after dancing etc. it did yet quite sweaty..
Can some one tell me some tips on tieing a better bow tie, mine always come out terrible, perhaps I have an incorrect method, please share your method.
Globetrotter, you bring up very valid points, esp. the nature of the crime, but there is one thing you have not considered in your argument. London nightlife culture differs oh so vastly from the rest of the UK alongside with the binge drinking. For one thing, a blue-collar citizen is not going to go drinking in Central London, be it a nice bar or club, or even a local pub. Therefore, unless you are suggesting that a tourist is going to go out to Hackney for a pint,...
Quote: The UES changes character dramatically east of Third Avenue, especially north of 86th Street (with the exception of the East End Avenue area).  There are even a lot of housing projects up there. But, if you want, take the UWS (20th & 24th Precincts, all the way to 110th).  Total pop, more like 300,000.  It's more diverse, more poor people, more projects, etc.  The Manhattan Valley area (96th to 104, CPW to Amsterdam) is historically quite rough, for...
Not meaning to beat around the bush, but Ken & Chel has Earls Court, Hammersmith, Kensal Town, Wormwood Scrubs, and, Walham Green in it. I don't think you can name me one area like that in the Upper East.
Quote: Neither have I, but the numbers don't lie. At least, I don't think they do. I agree, but it still has not reached a stage where it can be considered dangerous.
Quote: BTW, if you look at the numbers for Manhattan (esp. Manhattan South, where the offices, cultural institutions and tourists are), the are much, MUCH lower than comparable numbers for tourist London. Most of the crime in NYC happens where tourists never go. This could be down to the fact, as stated by you, that the London stats are not broken down into specific enough areas. More so even, the overlap of the boroughs and the respective tourist...
Manton, I am somewhat suprised to hear this, but the 2 issues you bring up are quite major: Quote: Beyond that, however, it's not so easy to break out by area. For instance, in New York the 19th Precint covers the entire Upper East Side, and it's easy to get precinct-by-precinct numbers. For London, the breakdowns are not so precise. You can get statistics for the City of Westminster as a whole, but not for Mayfair, e.g.. Quote: BTW, if...