or Connect

Posts by bbnoad

Here's my boots: I've had them for about a month, and I haven't worn them outside yet. The boot on the left seems to be what dshack has described as full-grain leather, whereas the boot on the right seems to be split-grain. The leather on the right boot is thinner/flimsier, more wrinkled (as you can see), and fuzzier on the inside. Here's a few shots of the inside: Left Boot (Full-grain) Right Boot (Split-grain) And here's the lot #s: This is...
Quote: Originally Posted by dshack They have an unconditional lifetime satisfaction guarantee, so you could wear them for ten years and probably still successfully return them (it would be a dick move, though- these sorts of guarantees depend on people not abusing them). It's really up to you- I was ready to just accept these are work boots and I shouldn't bitch about the leather looking a little different, but then I realized that the split-grain felt...
Quote: Originally Posted by dshack Just a heads-up about these: I was about to treat mine with Oberlauf's, when I realized that the left side of the left boot was split-grain, not full-grain leather (it's thinner, with a wrinklier outside and fuzzier inside). I asked LL bean about it and they told me that it's supposed to be full-grain all through, and they'd send me a new pair. I think my entire right boot (well, the sides and the back) are...
Quote: Originally Posted by coopster I ordered a suit yesterday. Also got two "custom" dress shirts as well for free. I figured for $280 I didnt really have much to lose. I am kind of torn about what kind of expectations to have, one side of me wants to have very low expectations because I paying a fraction of what many custom suits cost but at the same time I am spending $280 and I dont want a piece of shit. I will post pics and review when it...
Quote: Originally Posted by benjamin831 This is long overdue but here is my first and only picture of me in TaT: Received it last summer and it has since been my #1 go to jacket. I had a problem with my first jacket but Jason quickly followed up on it. Top-notch service. What colour is the jacket?....Dark Navy upgraded wool? Also, what size lapels?
When you guys tie a 4IH do you start with the wide end on the left or the right? Does it matter? Judging by the WAYWT thread there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus... Wide end on the left: Wide end on the right:
Buy some index funds...with a world market cap allocation. I'm not sure what your options would be in Australia.
Quote: Originally Posted by xchen ^ you can get RW Iron Rangers from www.cultizm.com cheaper than from J. Crew, and they come in more colors. I suspect they'd be of better quality than the LL Bean boots, but the LL Beans should still be a good pair of shitkickers. Anyone know what the sizing is like on the LL Beans?