or Connect

Posts by lightsaber

Quote: Originally Posted by Spirit of 69 Look up the term snob in a dictionary and you'll find your photo next to it! And some would have said famous people only wear Italian designer brands...
I've done Chan in HK, and I've also done Thailand and S. Korea. I never went to Vietnam. I had happy experiences with all three, and found no measurable difference at the more expensive Chan. However, the selection of fabrics at the other two was terrible, so I simply had to order my own fabric and bring it in for them. That narrowed the price gap... Also, many/most of the tailors in all of these locales are hacks, and it takes sifting to find the real ones. It also...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 Just because YOU have access to bespoke, and cheap bespoke/custom at that, does not mean everybody else does. One of the biggest reason for RTW is the ready availability. Sure it may not fit you exactly as would bespoke, but not everybody can fly off to London or NYC or somesuch. Obviously- but notice the thread title. Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 Additionally, brand-name...
Quote: Originally Posted by vitaminc Last time I was at Korea, people are wearing ill fitting lifeless suits with fabrics resembles more of an armor than cloth. That's still 100% true. Hint: they're wearing off-the-rack. And yet some tailors there are able to produce top-notch clothes.
I'm puzzled by what appeal there could be for brand-name, designer clothing among men who can afford personal tailoring on a regular basis. I wear both. Only about a quarter of my suits and jackets are bespoke. If I had the cash I would never wear a stitch of off-the-rack clothes again. I enjoy all of my wardrobe but, but even my most well-fitting RTW clothes would be superior if they had been hand-made for me personally. I have one excellent Ralph Lauren sportcoat that...
Are there any options online other than Minnis and Hardy for buying good quality suit fabric? Something equally good, or almost as good for a little less money? Thanks in advance.
V-neck sweaters (and all sweaters, for that matter) are MEANT to be worn with collared shirts - with the collars fully visible. V-neck paired with a t-shirt? Sounds vaguely 90s to me. And windowpane on a suit is nothing but classic. Your wife is absofackinglutely clueless about style. Please tell her I said so.
Much obliged for your advice, gentlemen.
I'm interested in buying some fabric for my next custom suit, instead of picking from their fabrics. (That's because I'm in east Asia and the choices at the tailor's aren't that great). I'm not sure exactly how many square meters I need. Assuming I'm average in height and build (actually more on the slim side), how many square meters should I need for: a. one pair of trousers b. one single-breasted jacket c. one waistcoat Also, while I'm on the topic, the website...