or Connect

Posts by lightsaber

Hey, if you want a negligible price tag and aren't very picky about quality (I'm assuming you won't wear this much) it would be interesting to try buying from these people: http://adongsilk.todoor.org/modules....=showcat&cid=6 It's cheaper than cheap. I don't want to guess what a $50 made-to-measure evening suit from Vietnam will get you, but it would interesting to try it and report back to us on it. Just don't buy the ones with notch lapels.
Quote: Faking a black suit as Tuxedo There's a special place in style Purgatory for those who even contemplate it (and in style Hell for those who do it).
White tie or morning dress = formal. Black tie = semi-formal. Lounge suit = casual. Odd jacket and trousers = casual. Everything else = Slob. SB / DB doesn't factor into it.
I had been toying with the idea of having a 6 x 3 double-breasted suit made (three rows, no display buttons). I've seen it look cool in old photos and vintage fashion illustrations. But now after seeing so many of them on that terrifying website, I don't think I can bring myself to do it. Rats.
Manouche appears to be a cheeky British troll with some French writing fluency. I think he's describing an actual weekend he had, and writing it as a Frog, for laughs. Don't mind him, it's funny.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria The far more relevant question in this forum is, "Why would a poor man buy a bespoke suit?" - B Running off during the final fitting is an option I intend to use more often in the future.
Quote: Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz If your Korean bespoke tailor is anything like the one I tried, I would certainly take the RTW choice. This guy makes handmade suits of the questionable styling. Amazing to think that such a range of style and quality could exist within just one country.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma Well it does prove your point is wrong and that's without factoring a bunch of other things. I doubt a tailor could do the Lanvin jackets with ruching either or the Demeulemeester all white one with an extended, shirtlike material coming out like a sort of overlong dress shirt. The level of creativity displayed by some designers is simply not matched by bespoke tailors who are artisans rather than conceptual...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma From a few jackets I own, and I'm somewhat "conservative" in my jacket choices: Carol Christian Poell taped seams suit Junya Watanabe unpadded sweatsuit material jacket Comme des Garçons shirt material convertible jacket with "c" print all over in yellow, pink and orange (find the material!!) Lanvin silk jacket with alternating black/blue enormous stripes (not even chalk at this point-let's see you source the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma This is simply wrong, the most out there "designer" suit simply can't be replicated by tailors and they have no interest in learning to do so, which is fine that way. Example and evidence?