or Connect

Posts by dutchguy

Well, below are some better pictures how I wear my belt. Jeans are regular fit jeans. I have been looking forever to find a nice looking wide belt. I used to wear a cop belt, but wanted something a bit more casual. I have to admit that I really like very wide belts an do not really want to go back to anything smaller than a cop belt. I also like two prong buckles. However in a working environment, dealing with clients, appropriate attire is also important. Casual is...
Quote: Originally Posted by jet All you need now is a peg leg and a hook for a hand. Please explain, what do you mean with this? And seriously: how should I wear this belt. What type of shirt would fit with jeans and this belt?
I just bought this wide leather belt. Copy of a german army officer belt. 2 3/8" (6cm) wide and very smooth thick leather. Even wider than a cop belt. Fits well in my G-Star jeans which has very wide belt loops. What do you think, Ok to wear with jeans? Anybody else who wears very wide belts with jeans?
I wear a 2.25" wide police belt with two prong buckle (also called Sam Browne belt) in some of my jeans. Belt is real thick and heavy. You can buy them from any police store or from Galls (www.galls.com). However I would be interested in finding a 2 1/2" wide belt as well, preferably in brown color.
I found the following belt that I like on the internet. However it is listed under 'women's belts'. Is there a difference between men's belts and women's belts and is this a belt for men or women? I have heard that men wear a belt tot the left and women to the right, so in this case this would be a men's belt....
Doesn't matter. I am dutch so very open minded. Sorry, I can't help that I like this type of belts. I always want to wear a thick belt of at least 2 inches in my jeans, not sure why, and have quite a collection of them. It's probably something similar like females who have 110 pairs of shoes and want to wear specific shoes. Besides that I am completely normal I believe. Remember we are probably less conservative here in the Netherlands regarding clothing style. If...
Thanks for your comments. I guess I'll keep those belts for my streetwear then, and I'll find another belt for the work environment. Any suggestions where to buy for example a nice two prong jeans belt? Most of the time the style is casual, jeans with a nice shirt. I didn't intend to wear a wide belt with my suit. With my suit I'll need something that matches my shoes.
Thanks for your advice. Just wanted to know how it looks to you. I guess I'll keep this belt for my personal streetwear then. There is one other belt where I am wondering if it is OK to wear in a work setting or not, a black police belt. Since the color is more neutral it may be less distracting? Otherwise I am thinking to buy a +- 2" wide jeans belt with a two prong rollerstyle buckle. Any suggestions where to buy a nice wide belt? Ok this whole story may sound...
I currently have a new job as a consultant/advisor for a tourism related company. Dress style for office and informal visits is casual, jeans with a long sleeve shirt seems to be the proper attire, as slong as it is somehow representative. I do need to buy some new shirts, but I was wondering if I can get away with one of my favourite belts, this is a 6 cm ( 2 3/8") wide belt from the german army. I really like wide big belts with my jeans. Do you think it is OK to wear...
So why do you think it looks odd or silly? Because is out of proportion / too big or because it is associated with a police officer? Talking about wide belts, in ancient times men were also wearing big belts. Nowadays you also see at lot of women wearing 3 inch wide belts, where most of the time those have no function at all, not even to hold up pants. Combining certain parts of military gear with civilian clothes seems to be acceptable nowadays. A lot of guys wear...