or Connect

Posts by gomestar

well that forecast escalated quickly...
I got into a bunch of M7 MBA programs two or so years ago. Would have taken full tuition in loans + housing and food + lost wages.
my father bought this gigantic damn air pressure machine so he didn't have to be bothered taking the cars to a gas station get more air in the tires. No lift, though. i know i know, "gome, you just like that machine because you can place the air hose on the inside of your elbow and make 10 minute long fart noises with the outside of your elbow as the air passes through". Yes, so what.
my mother's 1999 Z3 sits pretty much all winter. Unplug the battery, make sure tire pressure is ok before taking out again after a while, and that damn thing keeps on going and going.
I had to go into work today, but left at noon after our Australian CEO realized "oh shit, I'm at home and didn't tell anybody they should be off ... sooooo I'll announce a half day!" great day to hire our 2nd black employee, too. I wonder if pB had the day off but went in anyways. #IndividualContributorAward
winter is why a 335xi will get the nod over an M-car for me. Unfortunately.Introduced the idea of a fully-warrantied RR to the wife today. Brought it up on a train from NJ that was problematic as fuck, so I thought I could get some traction. She was swift to note that I was sitting in a seat labeled "reserved for persons with disabilities" and indeed I was acting as such by suggesting a RR for Brooklyn life.
yup. Even having a dog makes me default to 4 door.A friend of mind mentioned considering an M2. He completely dismissed the convenience factor as "not important" (his baby is now 4 weeks old ... not sure how to break the news that yes, convenience will become everything).
I'll give PerSe credit - he didn't want to pay for truffles, so he didn't get to smell them. No freebies for the critic!
i thought the service was totally friendly too. Felt like even though this is a 4-Star place, and even though their job was to "serve me", it felt totally natural and fluid. Nothing uptight, nothing pretentious, seemed like they genuinely enjoyed helping you get a great experience - and I absolutely did.
and the Guy Fieri review brings up another point - in an age of real pain for newspapers, views and chatter matters.