or Connect

Posts by gomestar

right. since i'm in a city, there's certainly a chance I'm not the only one using one, so it was a solid stocking stuffer to help out in an event that will (pray to god) never happen.
was given some for Christmas to put on the dog's collar.never had to use.
I did Manhattan, really liked it. I did some basic studying from their books before starting the actual course and scored low-600 something on the first practice. By 3/4 of the way through the course I was able to break 700, and on the actual exam I ended up with a 770.Never ended up going to B-school, left finance to work in Tech instead.
Google maps was weird every now and then, sent me to obviously wrong roads/turns. Right next to the airport there's a big McDonald's sign, and there's a gas station right next to that.
there's one right across the street from the airport
rented a Hyundai with 23K miles. Was fine. note: rented in Puerto Rico, which apparently eats cars for breakfast. On the sheet where the dealer circles any damage prior to renting the car out, he just circled the whole car and said "don't worry about it". I must have bottomed out 10-12 times total and nearly slammed 2 or 3 unmarked speed bumps (note: presumably speed bumps). Did not hit any iguanas, though must have passed a dozen dead ones on the side of the...
http://gizmodo.com/i-would-like-to-buy-a-drink-for-the-poor-soul-who-ran-t-1765477706
In case you missed this ongoing saga:http://jalopnik.com/carmax-just-paid-another-514-85-to-fix-my-range-rover-1746862325
you can if you buy from a place like CarMax. I think 5 years/125K miles is something like $4k.
i mean there's some caveats to this. W'Burg is not Manhattan. A car could actually be quite convenient since there's only 1 train line, crap busses, and very few cabs (but thank god for Uber). If you're a "leave BK on the weekend" type, then yeah, you can manage a car in W'Burg for non-Manhattan car prices. It's still expensive, but it could be worse, and there's a number of gas stations, plus easy access to the BQE for your Hamptons escape. We've actually been...