or Connect

Posts by PeterEliot

I like BB's new short duffel coat, but I've never spent $600 for a duffel coat before... When will be the next sale, roughly?
BB stores in Seoul aren't carrying the corduroy suit I'm after, so I have to order from the US website. Their trouser size options are kind of confusing, so help me out please. I've sent an inquiry to BB too, but in the past their replies weren't always as precise as I would have liked... This is the webpage: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...uct_Id=1476811 It only lists the jacket size. Clicking "Alterations" will open the trouser size options. (1) Say ...
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=120552 (Presidio) http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...ategory=120552 (McGraw) I will much appreciate whatever you have to offer on any of the following: (1) I really like the look of the Presidio. Unfortunately it doesn't come in brown, only in burgundy and black. I am consequently considering McGraw, but while quite handsome it strikes me, at least in photos, as being bulkier and stubbier than the Presidio. Is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton You can wear a blue and gold scarf all you want and I bet not a single Cal grad anywhere will even make the connection. I was thinking too that crimson and white stripes should be simple enough a design that it needn't be associated with a single school--or if it is, what a sad monopoly for such a classic and handsome design. I've asked the same question at AAAC. The folks over there are much more...
I fully agree that wearing a logo or an insignia is weird and borderline con if you didn't go to the school. It gives utterly misleading impressions. I was just wondering if school colors were as highly recognizable. I guess this wasn't a good idea.
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar If it's obscure ,what's the point... Why do you need to wear school colours or insignia in the first place? I'm not in the least interested in insignias... I just saw some of the J. Press offerings and really liked them. Some lovely mufflers. They just don't sell classic stuff like that where I live.
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Not a huge deal unless you go over the top. I mean it's just a tie. I wear a navy blue tie with little bulldogs on it that I really like from J Crew, even though I didn't go to Yale. Who cares? I would not wear the logo of a school on a tie if you did not go there, though. That's just weird. Not ties. Scarves. Mufflers. I said this at the top.
Deleted.
(1) Even if I am Korean, and Koreans don't recognize school colors much? (2) Is the "danger" simply the risk of public embarrassment, or is there a sort of unwritten rule against this? If the former is the case, then wearing a comparatively obscure school's colors would be OK?
Been checking out J. Press's extra 25% off sale, and saw some of their winter scarves. They're so pretty that I figure I might as well stock up on a few while they are cheap. I particularly like London U., Harvard, and Yale Berkeley colors. I've never worn school colors before. I know that everyone wears regimental colors that got nothing to do with their own histories--but is the same true for school colors? Come winter, will anyone look at my scarf and go "Hey,...