or Connect

Posts by Rufus

I just picked up a couple of pairs of the BB Milano Chinos at the Madison Avenue store. They are definitely the real deal in terms of being low-rise and cut slim...I also liked the quality although we will see how they hold up.
I am not defending what the OP says about cleansing toxins and the like but it is established that low calorie diets increase longevity and I have seen nothing to indicate that fasting is damaging to the body...20 days seems extreme but I doubt it was harmful to him. I occasionally fast for 24-36 hours (usually after a period of bad diet) and I think it is beneficial even if some (or maybe most) of the effects are psychological. I could never do an extended fast because I...
Quote: Originally Posted by detroiter There are community college's in the UK? Thought that was an american thing? I am wondering if you are even English. Anyway, no one that was really "born rich" goes around telling people how rich they are, muchless talking about it on a message board. I can go back to 18 years or so ago, when I used to go the same summer camp as S.I. Newhouse (worth like 5 billion was even on the HBO documentary "Born Rich" as...
I thought the charcoal suit, with grey hat and trench coat that Don was wearing in the episode last night was awesome. However, I also think that the theme of the season so far is to cast Draper as a pathetic old drunk who is being marginalized at work by the younger workers...I think thats why they are putting him in the hats and the dark colors while the younger people like Peggy and her new coworker are all wearing more vibrant colors. I think the whole point is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bull +1,000 I live in Chicago, but my kid sister is in Manhattan (at Columbia Business School) and I can attest that the inconsolably brash, gold-diggerish nature of Manhattan women never ceases to amaze me. These sad creatures will save every penny they earn to be able to finally bid-snipe that badly used Hermes Birkin bag on eBay, only to be upstaged that evening at Cipriani by the trust fund baby from Greenwich who...
Quote: Originally Posted by OttoSkadelig i think there are multiple elements at work here. - the US is a melting-pot of multiple cultures, which makes it harder for any particular tradition of formal dress to really take hold. this is exacerbated by our relatively short history. - many of these immigrants came from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. fine suits were never a priority, much less even a possibility. - our strong-form...
Quote: Originally Posted by newinny +1 Plus I live in the Lower East Side, carrying around one of these bags would be a massive self-cock block to all the girls down here. I live in the west village so same deal..i think there is only about a 15 block radius on the upper east side where these bags wouldnt destroy your chances with the vast majority of girls.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 This is idiotic. Everyone of all ranks use them to carry books to meetings because they're lying around all over the office and it's the simplest and easiest option to stuff a bunch of 80-page books quickly. Only people who don't work in finance have that ridiculous idea that those who do like to advertise it around as if they were particularly proud of it. It's just a job - none of those kids who use free bags to go...
Quote: Originally Posted by cchen I don't get the hate, who gives a shit? insecure much? I use my old one as a gym bag. there's no insecurity, I just dont like walking around with a bag that has the logo of an investment bank on it. I also dont carry a bag with a giant Nike Logo or the logo of my favorite baseball team. There also is a stereotype (based in truth IMO) that generally these bags are carried by people who think its a great...
They are extremely obnoxious...I have several of them from different events and they sit in the back of the closet. The only one I would consider using is an old Bear Stearns bag just for nostalgia. Generally these are used by 22 year olds who think its cool to advertise that they work in finance. These are the same type of people who wear the ubiquitous investment bank or hedge fund-branded fleece vest, which is standard wear on the metro north train to Greenwich. ...