or Connect

Posts by ennui

Lauren was kind enough to drop me a quick note right now saying she will get a price for me by Monday, and whether or not they can do this on the 325 last. I'll also ask about the trees and reconfirm all the details in the meantime, so hopefully we can really get this going on Monday or so.
Lauren is out until Monday according to her auto-replier. I asked her about the details and whether or not they have enough shell for 12 boots (originally I was asking about shoes a week ago). I'm guessing it's taking a while for her to gather all of the details to formulate an answer. I won't set up a spreadsheet until I get the details from her (including a price), so that people know exactly what they are signing up for. BTW I agree that 75 pounds increase in a few...
Yeah, here's the current specs: * Whiskey shell Skye * 325 last - not sure what the difference is between 325 and 335, but seems like more folks want this * storm welt (no wheeling) - again seems like more folks want this * antique edge * all eyelets, non-contrast (I'm guessing their antique brass color) * brown Dainite sole I don't think there are any other details I'm missing - if I am, let me know. I am waiting for Lauren to send me a price. Since we switched to...
What's the difference between Skye, Skye 2, and Skye 3? I can't tell the difference based on looking at pictures. Actually, now that I look at it, I think I prefer the Skye over the Lindrick. Everyone OK with changing this to one of the Skye variants? I think a flat welt would look a bit off - but I want to make this happen so I'm actually OK either way. What is "wheeling"? And can I assume that non-contrast all-eyelets is fine, vs. e.g. blind eyelets or speed hooks...
I think a storm welt is the way to go on this boot. And I don't like the white stitching, so let's just nix that now please. Nobody has an opinion on the eyelets? EDIT: just saw Mr Clemson's response. OK, all eyelets works for me. I assume non-contrast? What's the C&J name for the Lindrick, in case Lauren asks?
Dainite sole? All eyelets, or some speed hooks? What kind of eyelets? What's with this wheeling thing? Might as well get that out of the way early.
Regarding a whiskey Lindrick: I'm also interested and have already contacted Lauren about this. She said the earliest they will have whiskey again is early December, so figure 16 weeks or so after that for delivery. She recommends that we get 12 folks's contact and payment info to her starting right now since it takes a while to get everything lined up. I agree, since this thread has ample evidence to back up her claim. I asked her how much this is going to be, and am...
I PM'ed you.
When I ordered the current MTO, the website charged me extra for trees.
I'm a Brannock 7.5D/E, and a 6.5 UK Oscar fits me well. So I ordered a 6.5UK in this as well. Here's hoping the Detroit last fits similarly enough to Oscar.I think I read somewhere that MTO pairs do not come with free shoe trees.