or Connect

Posts by gentpax

Current Glaser bags are generally nylon lined. If I recall from our conversations before he made me a duffel, I believe Myron prefers that over cotton because it handles moisture better.
Wearing a pair of their mocs today. I think they're better than the Sperry's I have, but I wouldn't pay full price. If you can find them on sale for less than $100, solid value.
Impressed by the construction/look of the pair George just sent. Feel like slippers and seem robust. Ubiquitous Size Report (on my feet, your experience may be different)... - 11 D in the Beefroll Penny fits the ball of my foot snuggly, but the heel is a little sloppy. Hopefully this goes away once the sole flexes with wear. Do not feel like I could have sized to a 10.5 (I'm 11.5 on the Bran) without crushing my toes. - Also wear an 11 D in Alden LHS. The...
1 x #1 4 x #2 4 x #9 1 x #32
Saw the Preston at a trunk show this spring in that Cigar-ish color on the same JR soles. The rep said it would be here this fall somewhere near $455 if I remember correctly.
These look spectacular in person. Just got the 11.5W. Would say pretty true to size, but I have hard to fit feet. These are on the 655 last. Plenty generous in the instep (11.5W is somewhat like a Barrie 11D). Notice that the toe box is pretty narrow from the cap forward, though, so by no means an apples-to-apples comparison to the blobbier American shoes.
I have the Glaser. Myron only makes them with nylon which the OP didn't want. I too prefer canvas. Believe it's a functional thing, though. Moisture + canvas liner = bad news.
Recently got some MTO S&H slippers. Took about 10 weeks. Got the $50 discount. Came FedEx with no problem, though they had a two-sentence description on the waybill that wasn't going raise any eyebrows. The same week a pair of Trickers came in and DHL wanted my social -- the card faxed to them front and back as well as an extremely detailed customs form regarding the manufacturing and materials. I declined the package and had it resent Royal Mail. No problems, no duties...
Country Comm has this. Might be a little big for what you want. http://countycomm.com/midrangepics.htm Perhaps a little tacticool for some too, but that ACU grey looks sharp. The MOLLE grid makes it more masculine.
Has anyone bought/handled a Killspencer bag? After scouring the net, I've found only one real review (very positive) and a handful of brief blog comments. There's tons of gear blog hypebeastin' and interesting interviews with Spencer, along with some excellent marketing... but no one seems to know much. An SF search basically yields some posts with the same question, "has anyone bought/handled?"