or Connect

Posts by gentpax

Mike, any thoughts on doing a Carmina staple business shoe like a black captoe bal?
Was at Brooks and saw these Rancourt chukkas. Look better in person.* While I went down half a size in my pinch pennies, these were TTS. Good price. *The depicted shoe must be a small size, because the height of the ankle collar is much lower in my 11.5s, which I think makes them look better for a two-eyelet boot.
Dewey, just got my pinch pennies in today. Ordered in my LHS size for sockless wear. They were snug out of the box. Within two hours they had conformed like a slipper. Could have done the same with a thin or medium sock and I think I'd have enough stretch to accommodate.
YOOX just sent a code.15% and free shipping through Feb. 14. Code is MISSYOU in case anyone wanted to try.
Check here often:STP@retailmenot. Make sure to scroll all the way down as sometimes the better, newer ones can get mixed in with the older ones.
FWIW I saw a Cucinelli cashmere sweater at the Houston Galleria Marshall's last month. Jersey striped green and gray. Great quality, but ugly. Passed on it at $249.99. Have had good luck with some RLPL there. These things don't last on the racks.
My experience is that the Burford fitting is slightly wider and longer. That's just my feet. Others have said they feel the same. I can wear a sock of medium thickness with the Burford. Not-Stow's only fit me with a very thin sock and my toes feel closer to the tip of the toe box. .
No camera handy, so this is a phone shot... a little distortion from that lens. You can see the last shapes side by side, though.
For me the 10.5UK Burford fits like an 11.5 US, while the Not-Stow fits more like an 11.25 US.Another difference about the Burf outside of the last is the height. It's about 5/8" taller, which depending on how tall you are might be a concern.
Expires tonight. 40% off and free shipping over $100. EEV121211B