or Connect

Posts by gentpax

Thanks. I've been using Reno on shell the last few years with no problems, although one would question whether or not the trace amount of turps are good for the hide. Saw Skip's recco in the past, but still haven't tried Venetian Cream... largely because anyone who has it online seems to charge prohibitively for shipping. Completely passed over the Cordo Cream as Reno worked fine, and the addition of neatsfoot oil (which may or may not darken leather).
For clarity's sake, when you say Saphir cordovan cream, are you referring to their cordo-specific product which has a neatsfoot oil base and no turpentine?Confused here because that is definitely a different product than the Saphir renovateur.
Wonder if I'm the only one here who grabbed a Mosley chelsea boot. A little pricey at the same discounted price as the shells, but I already have the two Marlows I want and something about this boot just grabbed me online. Liked it even better in person. Great grained leather and Vibram sole. Could do without the distressing on the welt, but I don't notice them on my feet. I got the Marlows in years past in my Alden Barrie/Van/Tru size, minus one half. Had to go a full...
Yes for the rainy weather (on my Marlows), not so much for the snow. Cobbler chose Vibram Richard half soles. I like.
Dropped a quick and dirty navy color mask on that floating medallion bal. Not perfect, but might be a helpful mockup.
What he said.
Same experience on two pairs of pinch pennies.
FYI, a few sizes left at a steep discount of the Timberland x Rancourt (they confirm that Ranc made them in one of their online videos) Eastern Standard line. Got the tan 6" boot with the waxed cotton myself. Barrie/Truebalance size fit perfectly for me. Also, google for some Timberland codes floating around that stack on sale items. Last week's friends and family was 40% off the then sale price of $249.99 which is why sizes are going fast. Seems as if they get some...
11.5 TTSAlden Barrie, TB, Van = 11DC&J 325 = 10.5UKTrickers 4444, 4497 = 10.5UKCarmina Filadelphia = 10UK (Note: These were double monks and I went for a more snug fit). Wish I would have taken the time to try on as many lasts as I could because my sizing down of 1.5 has left me confused about the other lasts. Don't know if it really runs that big or if the extra half-step down was unique to my foot.
Frank,Will do. I have several pairs of shell, and I don't treat any of it too dearly. The choice to avoid shell wasn't a durability thing. It's was a hot climate thing.