or Connect

Posts by gentpax

PRICE DROP One just went for $337.00 on eBay today + $25 shipping. Will beat that at $335 CONUS shipped.
Roomy ivory/ecru leather travel bag from the Samsonite Black Label's Resort Collection. Has the nifty zip-out bottom to stash your shirts without getting wrinkled. New with tags and warranty card. Cool bag. Lot's of accessories. Selling because I have too many bags of this size. The fabulous Rach sold one just like it not long ago, if I recall. Very soft leather. As a result has some very minor shop wear. You will notice if you're picky, and if you're here you probably...
Nick rules. Anvil too. I bet you could probably talk Bobby into making cocktails at Nick's shop if enough people came. Seriously.
Hedi Slimane was in the Wall Street Journal's real estate page today. Fashion photographer and designer Hedi Slimane buys a home in Beverly Hills, Calif., for $4.1 million, about 25% off the original asking price. Located on a 20,000-square-foot lot in Trousdale Estates, an enclave with 24-hour patrols, the single-story 1961 house has five bedrooms and five bathrooms. Renovated in a clean-lined modern style, the roughly 4,500-square-foot home has a wall of...
Peter Beard wore nothing but sandals. Ever. While no threat to the grip Jesus has on number one, Beard's Kenyan sandals and minimal style were legendary in his international work. He got a lot of "they let him in here wearing that?" during his career. He'd wear OCBD, a jacket, jeans or trousers and his sandals. Women adored him. Think Steve McQueen with a camera in his hands. The point being, there are cool sandals out there. It was Beard's commitment to them...
Got one of those Billy Reid bags from the Gilt sale. It came in on Friday and it stinks. There are nice notes of "normal" leather fragrance that hit your nose first, but there is also a musky, fishy smell mixed in. Searching around I've read that it often happens at the tannery. Nice bag, though. Any tips other than the "air out, clean with saddle soap, baking soda, white vinegar, cedar chips" route? I'm looking for the safest way. Thanks.
Good thing that their website remains operational. I put in an order last week. We'll see...
Amen on the E39. I dig the Touring version.
Each time I see the commercial I can't help but notice that the old man in the cardinal red one looks downright papal in his Snuggie — if the Pope lived in a small town in a central plains state. Just saying. As soon as I submitted, the page reloaded and the reply from Jekyll was there. Guess I wasn't alone in noticing...
Wagons. Whether you call it a Touring, Estate, Avant, Shooting Brake, it's the way to go. Seats four or five, hauls plenty. Many automakers build grand touring versions with luxury options, all-wheel drive, manual transmissions, peppy engines and little to no pretense. You can even go grab one of those Mercedes W123 wagons with plenty of class. Too bad that most of the US still looks at these with bad memories of summer vacations. It keeps the popular European models...