or Connect

Posts by gentpax

Since I made the "resale" comment, I'll clarify that...Few years back the Marlow Penny wasn't breaking in as well as the Wingtip did for me after a few wears. Then I bent the sole aggressively as someone suggested, after which I'd unintentionally creased them to hell in parts other than the toebox.Had I not done this I could have tossed them up for sale as gently used and got a fair bit of the original outlay back. Shell buyers are picky and I knew I'd crashed the resale...
CAUTION! Did this with the Penny and the process creased the shell just outside the heel counter. Only bothered me slightly, but severely dented resale value.
Holy free marketing consulting, Batman.
Have both of these. The 11D Marlow fits slightly bigger than the 11D Algonquin in the pairs that I own.Don't know if this is a function of the Dainite vs. leather soles, or just manufacturing variance.
Likewise. 11D Barrie, 11D Marlow wingtips.
This is a club for which I sometimes wonder if I should be ashamed to be a member.
Seems like everyone is gearing up for winter. Still breaking in some RL Rockford Royal Ranc boaters in the heat.
A bunch of Rancs at Nieman Marcus (Eastland Made in Maine) got a second markdown at the Houston Galleria. Might be some in your town. Reduced to $132-$177.
The $193.37 is the in-cart price; includes the extra 15%.
Ranc boats in Royal Rockford. Tempted. Already have some pinchers in that color. Wonder how the fully-lined aspect would affect the half-step down... in a laced boat I might consider TTS. Edit: The private sale price is $193.37.