or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

I'm told that they wear a lot of black suits in Japan in a business environment.
I'd never wear it with a suit. But I think wearing it with jeans and a sports coat is kinda nice.
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt
Quote: Originally Posted by yachtie Works for larger people as well. I'm thinking about adding a second button though. My impression is that the button stance could be lower. But maybe that's just me.
Quote: Originally Posted by stingray1381 I asked Mr. Field once when I was in for alterations, and he said $3000. I didn't ask him to elaborate because even if he had a price range, it probably wasn't going to be the sam as mine. Thanks for the info. $3000 sounds reasonable, if it's real bespoke. With the weak pound recently, that's what one would pay for a two-piece suit by Thomas Mahon.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Again, that's VERY different, Joey. No, your tailor does not need to massage your balls to measure you. Yes, I'm sure. No wonder I'm so messed up. I've been sexually abused throughout my entire sartorial life. I should probably start seeing a therapist.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 What kind of tailor do you frequent? Are you in prison? Yes, there's nothing like a bespoke, well-fitting polyester-blend jumpsuit. It's just that I think having a woman measure my inseams might be a little awkward. A little bit like having a female doctor check you for testicular cancer...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma You gotta switch tailor, old Pete is having some fun at your expense.
At any rate, "The Cad and the Dandy" is catchy enough a name...
I don't see why a male tailor would necessarily be more competent than a female tailor. But at the same time, I'm not sure I feel comfortable having a woman measure me for a suit, especially with all the groping and grabbing involved. But then, some people may like that....