or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Quote: Originally Posted by upnorth They are a staple to me. It helps to "elongate" my short torso and prevents people from ridiculing you for buttoning the bottom button. Though of course, the "bottom" button in this case is also the "top" button, depending on your perspective.
I personally don't see anything special about the Burberry shirts that you posted. Re: the Armani shirt - can you help me understand why people would still want to wear a cotton-polyester blend when you can go for 100% cotton? Also, why so much focus on the brands? I think you can achieve the look that you want without caring too much about the brand, or the price point.
Quote: Originally Posted by CrocsRock Oh, good lord. Do they have NO quality-control? I would not only demand a full refund, but the sales associate's first-born as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by dv3 houndstooth? it sort of reminds you of houndstooth, though I don't think it is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houndstooth
Quote: Originally Posted by Billbeme Hey gang! I came across three pairs of shoes today in a thrift/vintage shop. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice (I didn't buy any) on if they are a deal. Cable and Co: Split Toe Blutcher in a Chestnut leather. $45 Bally: Monk in a dark brown $40 Mezlan: Ox Blood cap toes. $22 Sorry for the lack of details. This was about all I could infer. Thanks in advance! Bill Pics,...
Quote: Originally Posted by greekgeek No zippers, these are men's boots all the way. well... then just don't wear those when you fly.... or when visiting mosques in Istanbul.
I don't think you should wear this with a tie. But if you insist, what about a solid coloured tie, say navy blue? i don't see any problems wearing it with a jacket and cufflinks though.
with those eyelets, it seems like a pain in the neck to put on and take off (imagine going through airport security in those). Unless there's a zipper that I miss....
Quote: Originally Posted by KObalto No need. We are here for you. Thanks. It would be a good way to recoup money spent on bespoke suits (made by groping tailors.)
Quote: Originally Posted by element02 If you wear half socks, always wear sock suspenders. Are those the same as "shirt garters" or "shirt stays" as in http://www.militaryclothing.com/IBS/...rchy/051E.html?