or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba looks fine to me, the knot is the prob. Hey, what's wrong with the knot?
I don't have a white dinner jacket and would love to have/wear one. But I've always thought of a white dinner jacket as something that belongs in some function in the open air, rather than inside a hall. However, this impression could be completely baseless. But then again, doesn't the South have its own rules?
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaplan Have you seen your avatar? Ooops - caught in flagrante. But that collar doesn't have the slots for stays though. And should be seen as a cautionary tale, and an exception that proves the rule (Am I out of the hole or have I dug myself in deeper?) Seriously though, when I said "limp collar", I was thinking of something more flaccid than that. Specifically, collars which are supposed to have stays in...
Yet another tour de force unearthed from the deep repository of SF wisdom. I am for the umpteenth time, humbled.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I think there are only two or three "makers" strictly speaking, who supply all knit tie sellers. I don't remember the names, but they have been posted in the past. Since I generally can't tell the difference between, say, a charvet knit tie and a bb knit tie, this seems to make a lot of sense.
The kind of things they think of in Japan. A friend of mine who got back from japan last month got herself a portable bidet.
Quote: Originally Posted by DutchDaedalus Don't like the quality of European Magnanni shoes. And they have even more lack of imagination than I do, all their styles are Santoni rip offs. Magnanni = poor man's Santoni. LOL. You might be right. But some of us have to start somewhere.
Wear them. Your friend is wrong. Also, the limp-collar look is overrated.
Quote: Originally Posted by PandArts A part of me likes it and another part says it's too cutesy with the little bunny crossbones. +1. The bunnies spoil it for me. I personally would not get it.
I thought that would depend on the fabric you choose? I personally have not had problems ironing pure cotton shirts of differing qualities as long as the shirt is damp when I iron it. Your poor wife. You should either learn to iron, or take your laundered shirts to the dry cleaner's to be pressed.