or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Quote: Originally Posted by Parker Spring scarves are perfect for where I live -- it's always kind of cool and breezy. I've got a couple linen scarves. But, it's not an everyday thing. I don't see scarves as 'fashion' any more than a pocket square or tie is 'fashion'. I like this response. If we can justify wearing pocket squares, which are not functional at all (unless you're one of those who use it to blow your nose), why can't we justify...
Quote: Originally Posted by Azure Bienvenido, ya conocia tu blog. Ten cuidado que aqui esta lleno de envidiosos,mataos y muertos de hambre con un estilo yankee muy dudoso que encima se burlan de nuestra elegancia innata europea. Saludos desde la Alta Burguesia Europea. Thank you for the tip, lasbar. After some quick consultations with native Spanish speakers, here is an improved translation: "Welcome. I knew about your blog from...
I think you should give up on glasses and either go the way of LASIK or contact lenses.
Quote: Originally Posted by Azure Bienvenido, ya conocia tu blog. Ten cuidado que aqui esta lleno de envidiosos,mataos y muertos de hambre con un estilo yankee muy dudoso que encima se burlan de nuestra elegancia innata europea. Saludos desde la Alta Burguesia Europea. Tentative translation into English: Welcome, I have known your blog from before. Be careful, because this place is full of envious, mataos(?) and starving (?)...
Quote: Originally Posted by emmanuel Im so tired of grown men looking up to other men that they have never met. Bond, Pitt, Grant... the list goes on. So sad. I don't know about you, but since Bond only exists as an "ideal", it is rather impossible for anyone to have met him. And I don't know why you bring in Pitt and Grant into the conversation, since they have nothing to do with this thread.
Quote: Originally Posted by glowell222 If you don't have a boyfriend, put on that scarf and they'll come RUNNING. If only it were that easy...
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorShak Someday soon, not officially yet. To everyone that knows me personally, they would say yes. Why do you ask? Maybe because a professor would have written "longevity."
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan I kind of wished I had ordered mine with vents, but they would have looked supremely wrong with the shawl lapels. Sitting down in a ventless jacket is a pain. Why not order side vents and have them closed up later if you don't like the look? You can go one way, but not the other. I always thought that with an SB dinner jacket you could just unbutton the jacket when sitting down? Hence in this case, the...
Year round!
I'm assuming that once you've shelled out $4000 on a bespoke suit, you'd want to stay in shape so as not to outgrow the suit. Thomas Mahon mentioned that most of clients would pull in their stomach when he's measuring their waist, because a lot of people, consciously or otherwise, are conscious of the importance of "waist suppression." He would always tell them "to relax" so that he can get an accurate waist measurement. Shamelessly though I confess that I'm glad that...