or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Quote: Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant Here comes controversy. Do you believe that somebody who regularly wears dressy clothing that looks arrogant - for example, aggressive styling (such as fitted waist and padded shoulders) or money colors (as in power ties) and patterns (pinstripes) - likely is arrogant? That is, full of oneself and not hesitant to show it. Examples where the look evidently matches the interior are Max Weinberg and Donald...
Sounds like you are suffering from severe symptoms of shopaholism. You need help. I should know. I used to have the same problem.
I have an almost irrational dislike of shirt pockets. Whenever I buy an RTW shirt that is perfect in everyway except for the existence of a pocket, I have the pocket removed. Even on casual shirts.
I'd always thought that you were an older guy, Vox - and I mean that in the best way possible. You look very young in the pics. Either you are young, or it's just the suit
Check out this thread. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=98548
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay Also, boat shoes with suits. What if it's a linen suit? Or a chino/khaki suit?
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdfast If there's a noticeable mark that you can't tolerate, bin it and buy a new one. I can't imagine many people can bring themselves to do that after shelling over $200 on a Robert Talbot seven-fold tie, for instance.
[quote=Tibor;2164026] Quote: I apologize if this outfit was poorly put together. Do you think I should sell the suit from 1926 as it is too dated for today? I feel quite comfortable in this suit, but when I wear it just about everyone on the street does a double take. Thank you guys for your honesty. BTW I don't know any lyrics to Frank Sinatra. I listen to mostly 70's and 80's Funk and Oldschool and Underground Hip-hop. Thanks again for the honest...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma NA + S-E asian, AFAIK. Never seen them in Europe. The city doesn't have to be big, just need a bunch of Chinese people owning restaurants. I dunno where your from but, snark put aside, it might even be available there at some Chinese or Viet joints, you just never were in contact with it. Give it a try, you might like it. +1. I had bubble tea in Chicago last weekend. I think you can find it wherever there is a...
I don't get tassels either, but then there are also so many other things I don't get. I put it down to my small-timing-newbieness.