or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

A watch AND missing shirt studs...It's a wonder that the black tie police didn't make an arrest on the spot.
Thanks to AC for organizing. The evening went by so fast, I had a fantastic time. And nice to meet random-adam and hpreston.
Another attempt at shoe circle pic.
Yes, in nothing but a black bow tie.Leaving the office now. See you guys no later than 7:30 p.m.
If you are going to turn up in black tie, wouldn't valet parking be in order? More seriously though, I don't have helpful suggestions in this as as a "local," I would avoid driving and parking in downtown DC even in the best of times.See you guys tonight! I might even have time to go home and change.
Thanks for organizing AC. Look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday!
What are you? A Bollywood actor?
Bowties also seem rare in Europe. When I mentioned to a few people at a cocktail party in Vienna the other day that there are Americans who wear bowties to work once in a while, they were shocked, assuming that it's a thing of the past. Perhaps not unrelated, when I attended what I'm told is supposed to be a high-profile ball on Saturday, in a sea of white tie rigs, I could only count on one hand the number of self-tied bowties.
I see a lot of references to Anna Mattuozzo shirts falling apart in this thread. How much wear of you get out of them? How many years did they last?
Just landed in Vienna. Any updates or addition to what's already posted here? Probably what's on offer around Kärntnerstraße and Graben will be more than enough, but any additional tips from anyone who's been in Vienna more recently would be much appreciated. Especially places where I can find good leather briefcases.