or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Yes I think a donegal tweed suit in a dark shade of brown could be it. What you said about it being tweedy enough to be interesting but not too interesting to be wearable is spot on.
If one were to commission one's first tweed suit - most probably a three-piece - which patten/fabric should be recommended? The problem with tweed is that the range of patterns is bewildering and the strictures that usually obtain for business suits - and that make the choice of first business suits easier - don't apply.
10.499.5 + 4.5 = 10,504
9088.9 + 4.5 = 9093.4
That view was based on, among others, the not-so-positive response I read on this forum when President Obama wore a white waistcoat with his black tie outfit at his first inauguration. As I've mentioned, in that discussion, some people mentioned that there is a historical precedent for this.I've read that page from the Black Tie Guide you sent and I'm quoting here excerpts that seems to support this assessment:"Grooms-to-be have often asked the Guide how they can stand out...
I think you won't get much support here if you are planning to wear a white waistcoat with a black tie outfit (though I understand that it has been argued that there is some historical precedent for this.) Why not go classic and get a black waistcoat? I don't know what your budget is, but in answer to your question, I got my white waistcoat (for a white tie outfit) at Ede and Ravenscroft (http://shop.edeandravenscroft.co.uk/products/white-marcella-waistcoat). They also...
8866.7 + 3 = 8869.7
I think you are overthinking this. IMHO those bowties are not bad. If you are uncomfortable about the points of the bow exceeding the width of the collar, then just adjust the length of the bowtie and tie a knot with a narrower span (I'm assuming your bowties are adjustable.) I think diamond point bowties are cool, you should rock them.
Here's what I think is a rather extensive thread for forum members to share pictures of their black tie rig. You should re-post yours here: it will also help revive the thread. There are a few very useful examples of well executed black tie in this thread. http://www.styleforum.net/t/49414/formalwear-pron
This is awesome. Looking forward to the final product.