or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackl3232 Overcoats are usually tagged for the size of suit they fit over...so if you wear a 40 jacket, get a 40 overcoat. Doesn't this depend on the cut or make of the coat, though? My suit size is 38 and I've had instances where, while trying on overcoats, a size 40 overcoat fit better, even when I'm going for a very fitted look. For instance, I got a size 38 Prada overcoat as a Christmas gift and it was...
Quote: Originally Posted by A Canuker All mine air dry. +1. Shirts - especially the ones you love - should only be hung dry. In this context, the dryer is evil.
Quote: Originally Posted by MidnightBlue it's more of an ordinary day. Thanks for replies. I guess a bowtie would have been overdoing it then....
Quote: Originally Posted by r... ... is this like frequently? Yes. I guess it shows that I've been living in DC for too long, I have lost the power of straight-talking.
My first overcoat was of the black, knee-length, single breasted variety made of angora. I thought it was a great piece for someone who had not worn overcoats before, as it was easy to dress up and dress down be it as everyday wear for business, with jeans or over a dinner suit. I don't see why anyone would object to a black overcoat, but the SF experts have never ceased to astound me, so let's see what the experts say...
I'm aware that I may sound naive, but can't you report these things? And if there are enough reports, maybe some action might be taken? Knock on wood, I've never experienced anything like this in my life, and I travel not infrequently.
My impression, here in the US at least, is that people tend to go for the single-vented, brass button variety. I have not personally scene a navy blazer with ticket pockets, but will definitely be on the lookout now. I have mine with dual vents and monogrammed silver buttons. However, I am beginnning to think that navy blazers with horn buttons in subdued colours are more versatile, and can be more easily dressed down than the ones with brass, silver or metal buttons....
Quote: Originally Posted by KObalto I believe that's a cassock, not a suit. I think the OP is referring to the stuff he was wearing while he was in the plane and during the fight scene. I personally don't care much for that stuff, but I really like the coat he was wearing when he arrived in the car, before he got changed.
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy Those are very nice looking socks.
I thought linen is supposed to wrinkle - it looks cool that way? In other words, a wrinkled linen suit (or linen anything) should not be a source for concern?