or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Quote: Originally Posted by overdog I think people with athletic builds look more balanced in pleated. Skinny people look better in flat fronts. I'm wondering: since the suit coat covers most of the front part of the pants where the pleats would (or would not) be, does the choice of flat fronts or pleated matter so much if the trousers are part of a suit?
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenny Contacts. +1000. Or as mentioned above, LASIK.
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmyoneill Imperial left in 2007. Quote: Originally Posted by literasyme Interesting -- I didn't realize that. Still: exactly which of the constituent colleges are "dross"? They are all highly ranked in teaching and research, and are all well known internationally. [/hijack]
I'm an orphan and friendless, so no one invites me to weddings. So I wear a Windsor knot to cocktail parties instead (which was when this photo was taken.)
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba thats the problem. Because the collar is not spread wide enough?
Quote: Originally Posted by musicguy FIH FTW "Four in hand, f*ck the Windsor"?
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba Is it a FIH? It's a Windsor.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mild Mannered Flat fronts are soo boring but they are trendy right now, even so I am keeping my pleated pants. Both are always going to be acceptable anyway so enjoy both. thats my opinion anyway. to me flat fronts will look dated faster than any pleated pants will. even just one pleat is cool. Among my male friends within my age group (late 20s) though, pleated pants are often seen as representing the old and...
Quote: Originally Posted by soupcxan I took the suit pants back to the store and at first they said they could just pull the thread through, but then the tailor looked at it and said they needed to be replaced. So I think they will take care of that. That's really impressive customer service.
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba looks fine to me, the knot is the prob. Hey, what's wrong with the knot?