or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan You were told a dirty, nasty lie. Oh no. What is the truth then?
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Navy blue. Works 90% of the time. Navy blue, charcoal grey and black, since I've been told that socks should match the trousers, and I currently have suits only in these colours (yes, I have a black suit. Faint away, you black suit haters.)
Quote: Originally Posted by porcelain monkey It sounds like the OP has given up on us... Oh. Come back cmeatx!
Quote: Originally Posted by incastoutcast +1, indeed. +1. I'm having a pink gingham shirt made with tall spread collar. Will post pic once I get it.
Quote: Originally Posted by overdog Should HAVE GONE with Steven Aver If you're going to nitpick about grammar, at least do a thorough job of it. This is one of the reasons why I love SF and spent a significant chunk of my life scouring the forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by cmeatx Second night out will be a bit more casual, but she's wearing a fashion-forward orange dress. It's not trendy but not dressy either. I have no clue what to do. I was thinking of a t-shirt under a sports coat kind of thing. As you mentioned, the second night out sounds a bit casual. Personally, I don't like the t-shirt under a sports coat thing too much. If it's going to be casual and relax, why not just lose...
Quote: Originally Posted by SoundItOff I personally think the 15/36 is better. It definitely is better than the 15/35, and it looks good to me, but I'm not exactly sure if that's the "correct" length. The experts on SF might be able to provide more advice. Personally though, I don't think tailoring your jacket sleeve to match whatever RTW shirt you buy is an optimal solution. There are rules on where the sleeve (of both jacket and shirt)...
Quote: Originally Posted by jmark Hi blackbowtie, Don't know if it's going to be much good to you because I'm in Tokyo, (hence, the Far from home.) A store I frequent is hosting the event so they let me know. If I do hear of any visits to the States, though, I'll be sure to give you a heads ups. jmark Thanks! P.S. Tokyo's a fun city.
Quote: Originally Posted by comrade Parenthetically, I've never seen a suit from Asia that doesn't look like a "suit from Asia" How do suits from Asia look like?
Hey jmark, Which city are you in? And how did you find out about their visit? I couldn't find their website and would be grateful for more information. Thanks.