or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel I really like that blue linen-looking shirt.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Moo Homophobe.
Quote: Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff Clothing, at least western clothing, isn't about being equal as much as it is about status and it is intertwined with class. Either an actual one or an imagined one. Re-quoted for its pithy accuracy. At the very least, people who consider themselves good dressers tend to believe that those who dress badly need help.
Quote: Originally Posted by Azure And this http://www.amazon.com/London-Cut-Sav...ref=pd_sim_b_3 London cut? I personally find the London Cut book - which talks about the history and different styles of the different tailoring houses on Savile Row - while very interesting, informative and full of interesting factoids about sartorial history, is a tad too esoteric, especially if you are only starting your collection of books on men's...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria I'm not sure that Mahon cut for the PoW for "over 20 years." - B +1. Based on his blog, it sounds like he only did that for a while. IIRC, he only met the prince a couple of times.
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan The part of the article I quoted was not attributed to the tailors' opinions. Anyways, regardless of who came up with it, the advice is pretentious because of its attitude and value judgments: one should stay away from men with poor-fitting collars and only farmers should wear braces. It's stupid because it's vague, opaque, and unsupported: ragged buttonholes are hallmarks of bespoke, buttons are 'silly', and my...
Another article on Michael Jackson's style, in the New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/fa....html?emc=eta1
Quote: Originally Posted by jojobubu I wouldn't recommend a linen suit since they wrinkle so easily ... But, but, isn't that the point?
Quote: Originally Posted by andyliu52 +1000 +10000. You should also think of getting a couple of shoes in cognac and navy blue.
At the risk of being flamed, ridiculed and excoriated, I say this: I don't get Hermes printed ties. Their woven ties, on the other hand, are another story.