or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Quote: Originally Posted by youngscientist I don't really get any of those T-shirts with fake sports team stuff on them The fake sports team stuff allows men who've never broken sweat on the field to feel masculine and athletic. That's my theory anyway.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay Linen comes to my rescue. I'm wearing it every day this week. +10000. Linen is the best.
Quote: Originally Posted by maxgohan ...i dont want to have to wash my shirts after every use.... This is not the first time I heard it, on and off the forum. Seriously, and out of curiosity, am I the only OCD-afflicted person here who has his shirts washed after every use? The collar and cuffs get stained even after a shirt is worn for 8 hours, not to mention sweat etc. I can't imagine wearing the same shirt again after all that without washing.
How come there's no option that says "I wear them all the time"?
Quote: Originally Posted by oaw01 Hey, this black and brown combo works. I thought it was a big NO !!! I'd always thought of the black-brown taboo as some kind of an insidious propaganda....
You might still be able to catch a show at La Scala before they go on their summer recess. In which case, you'll need a suit.
I have a pair. Under artificial light, most people think they are black, but under natural light they clearly look blue. I've worn them with almost anything (navy blue, charcoal grey and khaki suits) and even paired them with - gasp - my dinner suit at a black tie event last month. I think I agree with a poster who said that they can be treated like black shoes, except that when worn outdoors they look a bit more festive than black shoes. I just got a navy blue belt...
The recent monsoon notwithstanding, summer is more or less here in DC. While I can't wait for autumn, I'm having a ball filling my wardrobe with bright coloured linen shirts, linen trousers in fun colours and festive ribbon belts. I'm also up for a new pair of sunglasses. I know, I know. But at least someone's working very hard to help jumpstart the economy...
I personally think that a man should start his wardrobe with at least one fine white shirt. Maybe something with a tailored and fitted cut, medium spread collar, with barrel cuffs. This shirt can be easily dressed up (e.g. with a suit) or dressed down (e.g. with jeans). I happen to think that everyone looks good in a white shirt. Also don't skimp on the shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by mimile Bespoke shoes at the age of 10 (Blake), bespoke trousers at the same age, suits at the age 18 and shirts: never. Bespoke shoes at the age of 10? What are you: Prince of Wales?