or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

At the risk of being flamed, ridiculed and excoriated, I say this: I don't get Hermes printed ties. Their woven ties, on the other hand, are another story.
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar A bit mad and a bit sad... How apt. Not to speak ill of the dead, but personally, whatever influence he had on style, I am glad that it did not linger.
Quote: Originally Posted by etb And if I have to go the custom route, any recommendations? Depending on where you live, you can use the search function and look for tailors in your area.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant So you hate it so much you just marketed it for him for free. Voila. I didn't even know the blog existed but am going to go and have a read just after I finish this post. Who knows, I might end up hooked. Or I might also hate it, and end up telling everyone about it too.
Some of the Bradford custom fit linen shirts from RL, which I just got over the weekend, have no logos. Also, some people may think that "SF masses" is an oxymoron
Quote: Originally Posted by acidicboy why not get the best of both worlds? I must be missing something. The label is contradictory. 100% lana vergine AND 80% virgin wool + 20% poly? I'm assuming there must be some real merit to having a little bit of polyester (e.g. 3%) but the thought of not wearing natural fibers galls me. Must be due to SF-induced snobbery and prejudice.
Quote: Originally Posted by Horatio Sorry no idea. The shades have to fit your face, they surely won't fit mine. Try them on... Best, Horatio Yes, we need pics. Of you wearing them.
Why don't you just rent for this time round? Just go and look for it early to ensure that you've got one that fits. I think a dinner jacket/tuxedo is a long-term investment thing, and you should not purchase one in a rush. I think it is worth saving up and spend a bit more money and get one that truly fits you and that you are happy with. Better still, save more money and have an MTM or bespoke one made.
Quote: Originally Posted by Infinite42 What other acceptable footwear choices are there for linen pants? I'm one that thinks men's feet in public is unsightly, so I won't be wearing any type of sandal, and I don't really do loafers, though I'm more flexible on the latter. Does that only leave me with Topsiders to work with? Quote: Originally Posted by jgan85 boat shoes.. +1. I wore off-white linen trousers,...
Can't you just take it to a jewellery/watch store and have it adjusted to the desired length?