or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Quote: Originally Posted by CDFS Isn't it clear to all that the OP confuses pecs with belly/tummy or whatever? No, it is not clear at all. At least not to me. Do elaborate.
Wow this must be a first - why wouldn't you want pecs? And since you've lost your bespoke "virginity" why not just stick with it? Or at least MTM? With your apparently athletic build, bespoke/MTM sounds like the only way to go. RTW is a waste of your time. This is most curious.
Quote: Originally Posted by TrojanGarb Pay attention to the shirt, not the tag +1000. I for one still don't understand the geographical snobbery that I sometimes encounter on the forum. Why does it matter where a shirt is made as long as the quality control and processes involved in making it are the same? If Thomas Mahon moved to China and realizes that he can charge less for a bespoke suit because the cost of living in Chongqing is lower,...
Wouldn't you be better off shooting BB a quick e-mail and asking them? There's no risk that way. BB's customer service is supposed to be excellent.
Quote: Originally Posted by nerdykarim Ah, we have the same size! Are you selling these?
Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel I really like that blue linen-looking shirt.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Moo Homophobe.
Quote: Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff Clothing, at least western clothing, isn't about being equal as much as it is about status and it is intertwined with class. Either an actual one or an imagined one. Re-quoted for its pithy accuracy. At the very least, people who consider themselves good dressers tend to believe that those who dress badly need help.
Quote: Originally Posted by Azure And this http://www.amazon.com/London-Cut-Sav...ref=pd_sim_b_3 London cut? I personally find the London Cut book - which talks about the history and different styles of the different tailoring houses on Savile Row - while very interesting, informative and full of interesting factoids about sartorial history, is a tad too esoteric, especially if you are only starting your collection of books on men's...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria I'm not sure that Mahon cut for the PoW for "over 20 years." - B +1. Based on his blog, it sounds like he only did that for a while. IIRC, he only met the prince a couple of times.