or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan The part of the article I quoted was not attributed to the tailors' opinions. Anyways, regardless of who came up with it, the advice is pretentious because of its attitude and value judgments: one should stay away from men with poor-fitting collars and only farmers should wear braces. It's stupid because it's vague, opaque, and unsupported: ragged buttonholes are hallmarks of bespoke, buttons are 'silly', and my...
Another article on Michael Jackson's style, in the New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/28/fa....html?emc=eta1
Quote: Originally Posted by jojobubu I wouldn't recommend a linen suit since they wrinkle so easily ... But, but, isn't that the point?
Quote: Originally Posted by andyliu52 +1000 +10000. You should also think of getting a couple of shoes in cognac and navy blue.
At the risk of being flamed, ridiculed and excoriated, I say this: I don't get Hermes printed ties. Their woven ties, on the other hand, are another story.
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar A bit mad and a bit sad... How apt. Not to speak ill of the dead, but personally, whatever influence he had on style, I am glad that it did not linger.
Quote: Originally Posted by etb And if I have to go the custom route, any recommendations? Depending on where you live, you can use the search function and look for tailors in your area.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant So you hate it so much you just marketed it for him for free. Voila. I didn't even know the blog existed but am going to go and have a read just after I finish this post. Who knows, I might end up hooked. Or I might also hate it, and end up telling everyone about it too.
Some of the Bradford custom fit linen shirts from RL, which I just got over the weekend, have no logos. Also, some people may think that "SF masses" is an oxymoron
Quote: Originally Posted by acidicboy why not get the best of both worlds? I must be missing something. The label is contradictory. 100% lana vergine AND 80% virgin wool + 20% poly? I'm assuming there must be some real merit to having a little bit of polyester (e.g. 3%) but the thought of not wearing natural fibers galls me. Must be due to SF-induced snobbery and prejudice.