or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

I see a lot of references to Anna Mattuozzo shirts falling apart in this thread. How much wear of you get out of them? How many years did they last?
Just landed in Vienna. Any updates or addition to what's already posted here? Probably what's on offer around Kärntnerstraße and Graben will be more than enough, but any additional tips from anyone who's been in Vienna more recently would be much appreciated. Especially places where I can find good leather briefcases.
Have heard great things about the movie but didn't know there was a sartorial angle. Another reason to check it out, I suppose.
Great! I'll be there. Also, is it possible to change the title and first post of the thread to reflect the new date? That way people don't have to dig deep to find the updated details. Just a thought.
You should hold your toga cum gravitas.But won't you be spending most of your time reclining languidly anyway?
I don't have a good answer to your question, but having the gap between the bottom of the vest and the top of the trousers showing (as in the picture) has always looked wrong and unfinished to me. I think three piece suits look better when the trousers are high waisted and the vest seamlessly joins the trousers. But I don't know if different "rules" could apply to odd vests.
It definitely sounds like a nice idea, and probably linked to the same idea of having evening shirts made of voile. Any inkling why there has been a shift away from linen towards cotton?
The FiH/Windsor polemics is to the StyleForum what the Big-Endian/Little-Endian controversy was to Lilliput.
Galoshes are your friends.
I think that's probably the best thing to do under the circumstances. A meet up in January will give people a lot more time to plan accordingly.