or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Thanks for your insights. We virtually flew into Vienna just to attend the ball, and beyond a pre-ball cocktail reception and a brunch the day after, we didn't really get much opportunity to sample the Viennese social scene and check out much of the local activity and attractions.But what is certain is that the ball that we went to was no stuffy affair. It was very obvious that everyone was out to have a good time - though of course there was a healthy mix of seeing and...
Is there any truth to the notion that lining will help maintain the shape of the briefcase over time?
Just attended the Techniker-Cercle Ball in Vienna a couple of weeks ago, and I'm happy to report that the state of white tie in Vienna - if there was really any doubt - is, to a large degree, alive and well. Some remarks on white tie: - I was told that this was supposed to be one of the more formal balls of the season. While the vast majority of the men were in white tie, it was obvious that the dress code was not strictly enforced as I saw a few black tie-clad men (and...
I guess I've come rather late to the party…but I've been lusting after the London tan (or a similar color) top frame briefcase for months now. It seems that SAB no longer makes them (please tell me I'm wrong). I was then eyeing the Peal & Co. one made for Brooks Brothers and it turned out that the top frame briefcase had been removed from their website as just a couple of weeks ago. Any ideas why that is? (I hope it's not because they've gone out of circulation!) At any...
A watch AND missing shirt studs...It's a wonder that the black tie police didn't make an arrest on the spot.
Thanks to AC for organizing. The evening went by so fast, I had a fantastic time. And nice to meet random-adam and hpreston.
Another attempt at shoe circle pic.
Yes, in nothing but a black bow tie.Leaving the office now. See you guys no later than 7:30 p.m.
If you are going to turn up in black tie, wouldn't valet parking be in order? More seriously though, I don't have helpful suggestions in this as as a "local," I would avoid driving and parking in downtown DC even in the best of times.See you guys tonight! I might even have time to go home and change.
Thanks for organizing AC. Look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday!