or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Maybe as one of the hosts he has a bit more latitude?
This thread got revived, so what the heck.For what it's worth, I was walking around with a friend this past Black Friday and we ended up in J. Crew which I hadn't been to for a while. I was pleasantly surprised with the stuff I saw there. It seems that they've stepped up their game a lot over the last few years, be it in the choice of fabrics (I saw a few Harris tweed sport coats that could probably fit well with the spirit of this thread) or fit and design. (Although the...
Is matching your briefcase to what shoes/suits you're wearing really that important? I always thought that this was something only women were preoccupied with. (Or maybe I missed the iGent 101 lecture). It also seems to presuppose that the ideal would be to have multiple briefcases to mix and match with, which honestly sounds a bit much, Styleforum or no Styleforum. I feel the thing to do is just select the colour that strikes your fancy and just go for it and when you...
Woefully ignorant in things sartorial, I can only point out here that according to the Oxford English Dictionary, "privilege" as a verb came from Middle English which in turn took it from French, where it already existed as a verb.
Is purple the next green, as far as tweed is concerned? I know of two people who have just commissioned purple tweed jackets recently.
Hear, hear.
I'm usually intimidated by this forum's high standards but someone pointed out today that given that I'm wearing tweed today it would be criminal not to take part. So here goes:
Adding my vote for dark green leather.
I've been kicking myself that I'll only be in NYC tomorrow and am missing all the fun. So, when's the next one? ;-)
I just found out that tadger is actually a word. One always learns new things on SF.