or Connect

Posts by blackbowtie

Don't the credits give a clue about wardrobe sources sometimes?
Is it? ;-)
Thanks for organizing! See you guys there.
Maybe we could start a new thread with the new date and venue? In other news, I'm glad that tweed weather has finally arrived in DC.
Hello! Thanks for getting the ball rolling. Either date works for me, and the Graham rooftop works too.
Don't masquerade parties by definition involve masks? And costumes?
Alas in DC, tweed season seems to be taking its own sweet time.
Mainly in DC. At some of the balls, the floor is not too crowded, but based on my (relatively limited) experience and I've also been told by many veterans that a crowded dance floor is part of the "authentic" experience, whatever that may mean. If my experience at the Techniker-Cercle ball is any indication, this is definitely true in Vienna. The same goes for unskilled dancers blocking the way: you find those even in Vienna. Personally, it was only after a couple of...
About time, I say. :-)
I've been to a number of Viennese balls and I have to say that crowded dance floors tend to be the rule rather than the exception. When I was in Vienna I discovered that crowded dance floors are great training grounds for survival at a ball in Vienna. I've often said that the dance steps, while not easy, are still not as challenging as navigating the dance floor if you're a man. So, the moral of the story is: keep on dancing and hopefully one day it will all be second nature.