or Connect

Posts by JDelage

The problem with diving is that it's an environment very rich in stainless steel & sharp corners. I scratched a sapphire crystal on a dive boat.
Which one do you like best for diving?
I guess my 12 yr old Cartier Tank Americaine is even more overdue then, thank you.
Quote: Originally Posted by vbuskirk Ummm, is this a troll? The lubricants need to be replaced every few years. It wasn't in the user's manual; maybe it's common knowledge among watch enthusiasts, but I didn't know anything about it at the time. In any case, I wouldn't have expected that it would have such consequences.
In late 98, I bought a B&M Capeland chrono, black face, great design. Then, 4 - 5 years ago, I wanted to have it checked out and I sent it to a B&M service center (it worked fine, but was starting to run a bit late). They told me the lube used had gunked up (wtf?!?!) and I would need to change the entire face of the watch - for a couple thousand dollars, IIRC. Off to eBay it went, and I bought a Seamaster instead. I'll never buy B&M again, even though I think they...
Quote: Originally Posted by jacobkozinn My current fave is my IWC Top Gun. I'm sick of 46mm, but this watch was impossible for me to decline. What's the rational for showing 3 dates? Rather busy, no?
The R last is nice too, especially for brogues. Very British.
Can't say I like that chisel toe box.
That last one is pretty funny.
What's your favorite big sweater - something chunky and warm for very cold weather? Mines are a John Molloy Aran crewneck in off-white, and also a zipped Armor Lux navy turttle neck in heavy wool.