or Connect

Posts by Flimsychicken

For sale is a nice Polo Ralph Lauren Made in Italy Suit. Made by Corneliani. 100% extra-fine virgin wool. Charcoal color. 3-button front. Dual vent back. Size 38 Short. There is an ever so slight flaw/poke in the wool on the sleeve as shown in the photo. It is hardly noticeable (the flash photo makes the white behind the wool show prominently). Measurements are as follows: Chest: ~39 inches (~19.5 inches across laying flat under the armpit) Length: ~29.5 inches from...
I've paid my last few MTOs 100% upon placing the order, given the strong Dollar. At least in my experience, if you ask, they are happy to take all of your money up front.
I, too, am curious to hear about some "real life" experience with Utah calf. I just recently placed a MTO for a Galway in Utah/Suede combo. I had a little concern about the Utah, and while it didn't deter me, I am still curious. (I have an all Rosewood CC Galway to fit my "tough wearing" Galway need).
As much as it pains me to do this, I am putting my G&G Thorpe (AKA RLPL "Garnell") boots for sale. The fit is not working for me, but if they don't sell here, I'll likely just keep them. These are Gaziano & Girling boots. They are made for Ralph Lauren Purple Label (RLPL model is "Garnell). They are basically the G&G Thorpe with speed hooks. Color is Vintage Oak (I believe). IMO they are dark brown in color. Nice burnishing. Split toe (hand sewn I presume). MH71 Last....
I do, and it works well for me. I am a 8.5 on a Brannock. The 8/8.5E on the 82 and 888 are good for me, but I go down 1/2 size and do 7.5/8E on the 202 and 606.
The Lobb brogues are sold. I do have some shoe trees for sale though . . . (7E on the 7000 last).
For sale is a pair of gently used Edward Green Cardiff bluchers. Size is 7.5/8E. Built on the 808 Last. Color is a very nice shade of Dark Oak. My price is $SOLD plus actual shipping anywhere in the world. Original box and bags are included. Sorry, but the trees are not included in the sale price. Please let me know if you have any questions. Photos:
Thanks, guys! ^^^ I wasn't referring to a specific post, but I've seen folks say over the years that the 202 looks blobby or bulbous. I used to have a pair of chestnut Chelseas on the 202, and I wasn't a huge fan of the shape for a balmoral. I am not sure if my taste has changed, or if the dover just looks better, but I'm happy! (FWIW, I have Chelseas, both in Doak and Black, on the 82 and love them on that last).
Maiden voyage for these today. I have to say, I am thrilled with how these came out (as an 888/82 Last fan, I was very happy with the shape of the 202; not blobby at all). Thanks to Skoak for the great service. EG Dover Brandy Willow Calf 202E Last Double Leather Sole Sorry for the lousy cell phone picture:
Basically new EG Top Drawer Dovers in size 12/12.5. $1000 o/b/o. Awesome deal if they are your size. I'd definitely kop if my size, and I already own these (but not TD). Edit: I know this isn't the cool shoes thread, but these are too rare to not post here.